Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bag set (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bag-set-t303930.html)

RedGarnet222 03-31-2019 09:29 AM

If I had this bag in our auction , the bag would sell for from 75 to 90 dollars. It is after all a one of a kind and very well made. The auction is seven years old and the gals fight over who will get one.

toogie 03-31-2019 11:00 AM

I am afraid I don't understand 'The auction is seven years old' is this something you do on a regular basis? I would be happy with either of those prices, for a final bid or outright buy. It's going for a good cause, so I'd hope it would raise a good amount for them.

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 8233666)
If I had this bag in our auction , the bag would sell for from 75 to 90 dollars. It is after all a one of a kind and very well made. The auction is seven years old and the gals fight over who will get one.

RedGarnet222 03-31-2019 01:10 PM

My Hubby started a auction and golf tournament for the diabetic kids in our area and part of California eleven years ago. I guess I lost track of time and thought it was only seven. Geez, what a blonde. But, to answer your question, yes. It is on a regular basis.

It has grown in size and participants. Many of the same people come and enjoy the whole experience. The kids go to Camp Buck to learn to manage their diabetes, and some families need help with drug support. All the money goes to help the kids.

I also donate items to the animal shelter for their auction once a year, and the local hospital.

RedGarnet222 03-31-2019 01:16 PM

By the way, I forgot to say I love your bag. It has the color of the year (coral) in the design. That counts for something to a fashionista. But, no matter what, that bag would be a wonderful summer accessory.

Jane Quilter 03-31-2019 01:34 PM

lovely bag set. I would pay $75-$95 for it. More if at a cause-worthy auction.

SusieQOH 03-31-2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama (Post 8233326)
Beautiful set, $75 for the entire set. That's a lot of work.

I agree. You did a fantastic job!

MicheleC 03-31-2019 01:54 PM

I don’t have any suggestions for pricing but I wanted to tell you great job on the bags. 👍

Lilrain 04-01-2019 01:38 AM

I'd bid on that!

quilterpurpledog 04-01-2019 02:48 AM

I really like your bag combination. I would like to think that they would be purchased as a group. A base price reflects the amount you are willing to let them go for-otherwise they are still yours. I think that is a great idea. I participate in a craft show to raise funds for an organization I support. I do not want my items to be sold for less than it costs me to make them. I am really happy to see them go higher. An auction is different because of the competition instead of a set price. I hope your group has a great auction.

sue.ross.8782 04-01-2019 04:24 PM

Beautiful bag! I've been to a lot of silent auctions. I would set the value at $75.00. Set the lowest bid at $25.00 and bidding at $10 increments. The three items together are perfect.:cool: