Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bargello makers and others--will these colors work? More Choices on Page 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bargello-makers-others-will-these-colors-work-more-choices-page-2-a-t81302.html)

dsb38327 12-07-2010 04:32 PM

Woo hooo!!!! Your in the club!!! Are you ready for the addiction?????????

amma 12-07-2010 04:36 PM

What a beautiful selection :D:D:D

neece 12-07-2010 04:44 PM

Great choices, can't wait to see it. :lol:

barnbum 12-07-2010 05:12 PM

Well--I switched the 11th and 12th fabrics...but will that be too many "solids" in a row then too many prints in a row? And are the creams different enough?
Sigh... I need to stick with something at some point but with 20 pieces, there are so many ways to change it!

daisey 12-07-2010 05:22 PM

Naughty naughty Katie ! Dont try to trick us! LOL

dsb38327 12-07-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Well--I switched the 11th and 12th fabrics...but will that be too many "solids" in a row then too many prints in a row? And are the creams different enough?
Sigh... I need to stick with something at some point but with 20 pieces, there are so many ways to change it!

When I made my Swish Bargello, I needed 24 fabrics. I chose 30 to 35, laid them on the cutting table. Everytime I walked in the room I looked at them. If one slapped me in the face I took it out and put it away. When I got down to about 26, 27 fabrics I cut 2 1/2" strips from each of them and put the bolts away. I pinned the 2 1/2" strips on the design wall in the order I had in mind at the moment.
Again, each time I walked into the room I looked at them. If one of the strips slapped me in the face I moved it closer to a cousin, sister or brother. Looked again each time I came into the room. If one strip kept jumping out at me and didn't disappear anywhere I put it, I took it out and put it away. When all the strips disappeared within themselves I felt like I was ready.
In Danmar's instructions and tutorial she says the fabric only has to work with the 2 fabrics on either side of it. That rule and my disappearing act worked for me. Good luck.

sgardner 12-07-2010 05:26 PM

I think you have a perfect mix there. This description of the disappearing act sounds like one I will use when I do mine. I have been playing with an online "pallet" of colors on one web site, doing the same of keep going back to it later to see if I still like it.

Jingle 12-07-2010 05:36 PM

It should be beautiful with your color choices.

craftyone27 12-07-2010 05:39 PM

I am not normally drawn to these types of fall colors - I'm more of a blue/purple/green fan myself. That being said - I LOVE your fabric choices and think this will be an incredibly beautiful quilt!! Or as others have said - you could just pack them up and send them all to me-LOL! Good luck on your journey with this fabulous quilt!!

barnbum 12-07-2010 05:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I changed my mind!!! I'm allowed, right? :lol:

Now I think the creams are broken up a bit--and the prints aren't so in a row... see the new fabrics in the cream section? LOVE them!! I don't think I'll be changing my mind. :thumbup:

new selections...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139638[/ATTACH]

See the new creams?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139639[/ATTACH]

Rearranged this section...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139640[/ATTACH]