Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bargello in Progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bargello-progress-t152707.html)

ManiacQuilter2 09-14-2011 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
After requests to post progress on my bargello (should say DD's bargello) I am giving you pics of what I have done so far. The pattern name is Surf Song, but I am going to call this one Surf and Sand as the colors remind me of being on the beach with the waves and sand.

I did the Aurora Borealis in Purple and Turquoise. I am hunting for a few more Oranges & Browns for the Sunset Island. This book Twist & Turn Bargello is the ONLY book I have bought where I want to make EVERY SINGLE quilt in the book. GREAT COLORS. Can't wait to see the final quilt top. Hope you have a design wall. This is one pattern that comes in handy. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN !! :)

Fabric used for my Aurora Borealis
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256852[/ATTACH]

raksmum 09-14-2011 08:37 PM

Very pretty!

chuckbere15 09-14-2011 08:48 PM

That is going to be gorgeous when you finish!

audsgirl 09-14-2011 09:18 PM

That is sure to be gorgeous when you are done! I like the colors and your name for it.

April30 09-14-2011 09:29 PM

I always find bargellos fascinating. You are doing great! :thumbup:

CorneliaVa 09-14-2011 10:03 PM

BuckeyeRose....thanks so much for posting start-to-finish progress.... This is such an inspiration to us fairly new to quilting ...Your selection of fabric tones mesh beautifully here.....

Eazy peazie? .... You make it sound so simple - However, I think it takes a lot more than I have to offer: I need to develop a bit more patience, precision, discipline-and-dedication-to-task, and a much better eye for color-coordination.

ManiacQuilter - Did I miss your posting of your Aurora Borealis? ... and will you keep us posted on your upcoming Sunset Island ?....

I know some don't like to post until some time after finishing - perhaps due to constraints of quilt-contest-competition or somesuch? -- but I am thankful for each posting. I learn so much about quilting from you ladies and gentlemen who are so generous in sharing the nitty-gritty of projects ....

I am particularly interested in seeing bargello and scrappy projects; they give a better lesson on just how critical such careful choices of color and tone and fabric design become --That interplay produces excellent results -

With so much fabric displayed in stores at one time, it is difficult for me to see how it all comes together .... I like to blame my inability-to-coordinate on the lighting in those stores In our store, the lighting is so terrible that sometimes I feel I don't see the true colors in that setting. -- oops, I'm getting waaaay off-topic...

Thanks again, ladies .... I'll be watching your bargellos come to life.

Gramyx7 09-14-2011 11:06 PM

I love the colors.. that is going to be beautiful when it is finished.. can't wait to see it :)

meant2be 09-15-2011 02:29 AM

That is going to be beautiful.

quilterella 09-15-2011 03:48 AM

Absolutely *W*O*W* I am in the process of starting one, all in blues and aquas, for my sister-in-law. She wants fish appliqued to it. So far I have all the strips cut and my first strata sewn together. Yours is beautiful and I hope mine should be so good.

Buckeye Rose 09-15-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
After requests to post progress on my bargello (should say DD's bargello) I am giving you pics of what I have done so far. The pattern name is Surf Song, but I am going to call this one Surf and Sand as the colors remind me of being on the beach with the waves and sand.

I did the Aurora Borealis in Purple and Turquoise. I am hunting for a few more Oranges & Browns for the Sunset Island. This book Twist & Turn Bargello is the ONLY book I have bought where I want to make EVERY SINGLE quilt in the book. GREAT COLORS. Can't wait to see the final quilt top. Hope you have a design wall. This is one pattern that comes in handy. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN !! :)

oooohhh!..Very pretty fabrics. I think picking out the fabrics was the hardest part. I spent a month going from fabric store to fabric store, laying out what I already had and trying to find the perfect shade to fit in. I found the very last one in a small LQS just north of Chicago (was on a trip to see daughter). Then the reality set in that I was gonna have to start washing, ironing and cutting.

:lol: