Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/barn-quilt-top-done-page-10-a-t3820.html)

vicki reno 01-23-2008 04:14 AM

Well.......I didn't want to put my foot in it and wasn't going to open my mouth for that reason, but let me say that I think you made the right choices in pulling the fernie ones.
I hate to jump in and give my opinion but its your quilt and it has to be pleasing to your eye and it certainly is pleasing to mine. I can picture that quilt in my house in the mountains with me wrapped up in reading a good "who dunnit"

barnbum 01-23-2008 04:27 AM

Thanks vicki--I want everyone to offer an opinion to help me look at it from a different perspective. :D I pulled the brown from the dark side--it was the only brown. I could have added a similar color and it would have worked--but since there are already so many choices over there--and every one is blue or green--the brown was pulled.

Now I've off to work so can't look again till later!!

Lucky Patsy's 01-23-2008 11:46 AM

Oops, I misunderstood which blue piece you were planning to switch. I'm glad you made the switch if it was bothering you so much, even if it was hard: but you will be happy you did it in the long run. your log papptern border strips look grdeat, go for it! Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures and post them in order to include us. It has been really fun to watch the progress and evolution of your wonderful quilt!

Lois-nounoe 01-23-2008 06:00 PM

Hi Barnbum! I just love your quilt so far. Can't wait to see it all done either. Your showing it as you are going along is like reading a book chapter by chapter! :lol: And I just LOVE to READ too! I do the same as you. Keep going back and forth when you are not sure about a certain fabric or positions. And I have also ripped out one little piece cause I finally decided it didn't look right to me. But in the end as everyone says "There are no ugly quilts" but even if WE know there is even an unnoticeable mistake we can't be satisfied till it is fixed. I especially like your layout of the barns and trees. You are doing a marvelous job!

cnolan 01-25-2008 06:16 AM

All I can say about this is "FABULOUS"!!!! I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt!

stay-at-home 01-26-2008 08:40 PM

i love your barns and trees. i want to make one with rows of trees. you inspire me.
Jeanne

barnbum 02-01-2008 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just wanted you to know I am working on the border--really I am. :D It's been a tiring two weeks--just the weather probably. Report cards had to be done at school-pant, pant. The cold weather requires so much more water hauling for the equine. :roll: Quilting has been a weekend only activity lately--but I did muster up some energy tonight and it's now the weekend and we just had a lot of rain/ice, so I'll finish these by Sunday. I think. I hope.

Here they are so far... the pile with the strips is sitting next to my sewing machine ready to go tomorrow.

Oh--this is weird: There's a minature horse magazine that only members of AMHA receive--it's part of the membership. It's full color--glossy. I recently had an article published in it about digging a snow maze for my horses. Anyway--the editor said if I wrote any more articles or took any more great photos, she'd like to see them. So--jokingly I asked her if she wanted to see a quilt I put my horses on. Boy did she. So I sent her a photos of the 4 rows so far and she wants the story when I'm done. :lol: That's why I'm taking more pictures in progress--with that article in mind. Never thought she'd say yes. Too bad I get paid in copies. :?

Moonpi 02-01-2008 05:59 PM

So, will you remember us little people when you're a famous writer?

Sounds like fun!

Celeste 02-01-2008 07:47 PM

I don't understand why you thought she'd say no!

That's exciting that all the hard work you're putting into this will also be seen by others than quilt enthusiasts! Maybe that will inspire some to start quilting themselves.

I sure hope they are also putting your web address with your article(s).

Rebecca Chambley 02-02-2008 01:26 AM

It sounds as tho you have the goldene touch, in many ways. Congrats. I know you must be proud and excited...........