Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/barn-quilt-top-done-page-10-a-t3820.html)

Celeste 01-20-2008 05:39 PM

Grumble- I suppose people you know and actually work with you in your barn should take priorty over silly 'little' me.

I just see a problem. It's gorgeous and after the pets pictures page, this topic is my favorite. (shh - - sometimes more.) :oops: :wink:

I'll have to look into getting the pattern, though it may not be real scrappy.

annmarie 01-20-2008 08:17 PM

Karla, took me awhile to see how you "fixed" it. Don't worry - only you will know. That is one cool wallhanging!! Hope you plan to enter it somewhere as you will surely win a ribbon! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

vicki reno 01-21-2008 04:59 AM

I may not have perfect sight, but even with my galsses on, I couldn't see anythng wrong. I think it looks great. Semtimes we are our own worst critics. Good job, now lwt us see more :!: :lol:

MissTreated 01-21-2008 09:41 AM

Only after careful scrutiny did I see your "repair." My Grannie had a great saying for things like that, "A blind man on a galloping horse would be glad to see it!" It rings true with this as well. Great job!

M

barnbum 01-21-2008 10:26 AM

Weeeelllll, I made some changes. I switched the blue piece above the top silo with a lighter blue, and I made the "fix" 3 colors rather than 2. I like it much better--but it wasn't easy doing that darn silo piece. I couldn't get it sewed just right afterwards. :? I had to do it by hand to get it right. Bah!

But that's done. :D

Everything is layed out for the the final row. I didn't like my choices for trunks, one top tree row, and one 3rd row piece (ones left were too light or light on the wrong side. I'm thinking about this waaaayyy too much, eh?), so I made more. I had many pieces already cut, so it didn't take long. It was important to me to get it "right".

I should be done with the top today sometime...

vicki reno 01-21-2008 10:48 AM

Can't wait to see it!

barnbum 01-21-2008 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I posted a pic on page 1--but wanted to show close up of changes here.

See the new blue piece? See the fix to the fix? :roll: The last row was also short--but I knew what to do. :D I wonder if it had to do with that funky favorite barn material--since it was only in the bottom two barns.

It's ironed good and trimmed. It's not the squarest quilt top I've done, but it should be okay. The pattern called for a 1.5 inch border on top and bottom. I planned that out like an engineer. :roll: The bottom one is a bit wobbly--again maybe from that barn fabric. I love it too much to not use it, and besdie I'll only be making one barn wall hangings for now on.

Wow! I can't believe I did it. My grandma sure would have liked this one and watching its progress. Thanks for taking her place in encouraging me. :D

Harmony 01-21-2008 01:27 PM

Absolutely gorgeous! Remember out motto: "There are no perfect quilts!" I'd say this one comes pretty close!

barnbum 01-21-2008 07:28 PM

Oh trust me--I can show you many places to take it from that perfection award. :D

I'm pulling fabircs for the log cabin squares--I want to take a picture to see if you guys see anything glaring I should leave out...maybe tomorrow.

jbsstrawberry 01-21-2008 07:52 PM

All I can really say is WOW!! Its simply spectacular. Its been sooo much fun watching this progress! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!