Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/barn-quilt-top-done-page-10-a-t3820.html)

bj 01-19-2008 07:22 PM

Personally, I like the contrast of the darker trees and the lighter grass. I think it looks amazing!

Lucky Patsy's 01-19-2008 10:03 PM

Lookin' goooooooood!

MissTreated 01-19-2008 10:06 PM

I'm looooooooovin' it!

M

Celeste 01-19-2008 10:20 PM

If you're not happy and have to make more, then I can take the extras off your hands! 8) No, you don't need shams, or pillows or table toppers. . .

barnbum 01-20-2008 06:33 AM

Celeste--I think I should send you the pattern!! It's not difficult--just rather fussy. :D If it's pulling you like it pulled me you'll have to give in to it sooner or later.

I'm glad I cut lots of extra pieces because I want to make a small wall hanging for Kennedy (my 11 yr old barn buddy) and my 22 yr old barn/horse loving niece. I think I'd better do it while the procedure is still in my head after making this one. I don't have the mental capacity to learn it twice. :lol:

barnbum 01-20-2008 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay--3rd row is on, but it was short. Too short. :( I fixed it--is it too obvious? If someone has another idea, I'm all ears. :shock: (move big eyes to big ears). Is it "only you would know" sort of deals? :wink:

I have been trying to shade the background colors--can you tell? :roll: Also--do the two blueish flowers pieces look like gardents? What do they loko like to you?

AND, look at the top by the silo--see that dark blue piece against the sky/cloud one? Should I switch that with a medium blue?

Mamagus 01-20-2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Okay--3rd row is on, but it was short. Too short. :( I fixed it--is it too obvious? If someone has another idea, I'm all ears. :shock: (move big eyes to big ears). Is it "only you would know" sort of deals? :wink:

I have been trying to shade the background colors--can you tell? :roll: Also--do the two blueish flowers pieces look like gardents? What do they loko like to you?

AND, look at the top by the silo--see that dark blue piece against the sky/cloud one? Should I switch that with a medium blue?

It certainly IS "only you would know " mistake!

Diamonds 01-20-2008 02:17 PM

Personally I really like it as it.. I understand what you are doing but I am partial to that pattern and I think it is beautiful :lol:

Rebecca Chambley 01-20-2008 04:05 PM

Only you know what is and is'nt right to your eyes. For me, I think it's a Beauty, well done,good color, good work, Wonderful layout, Wonderful work of art. A treasure of a story, layed out before our eyes..

nanabirdmo 01-20-2008 05:11 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: barn :!: :!: you did good :!: :!: love the grass, love the trees, love the sky, and i really love the horses :!: :!:
very sweet and the girls will love their wall hanging.
this is such a special quilt.