Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/barn-quilt-top-done-page-10-a-t3820.html)

Tiffany 02-09-2008 08:03 PM

Oh Karla, well done! What a treasure for your daughter to take with her off to college. I bet you're glad it is finally done. As much as we sweat and labor over our quilts, I swear it is much like giving birth. Once it's done we seem to forget about all the frustration and laugh over the process. This time you took us on that journey with you and I think we're all excited to see how it turned out. :D
~Tiffany

Lois-nounoe 02-09-2008 08:45 PM

That's why I have so many animals. All attachment and no subtraction! We just get attached and can't part with them. I don't intend to add anymore cause of the expense now but one never knows does one. :D I was just informed I have to make a quilt for my "granddog", Bumper. That's my son's Old English bulldog. Seems he wants to "own" at least one of the two I just sent to Florida for my two grandsons, Bumper's "cousins". I will post pics of those as soon as I get them out of my camera. :oops: Sandpat we have to find out how Barnbum processed the pics of the ponies! That way we can put our own animals onto a quilt!

Chele 02-10-2008 05:30 AM

It turned out beautifully! Thanks for letting us watch over your shoulder. That was really fun!

Love your daughter's mismatched socks! My daughter wears them like that too! Must be all the rage!

Knot Sew 02-10-2008 06:21 AM

That came out beautiful. I have enjoyed the saga.......yoyu are a good writer too.

As far as the socks go I bet she has another pair just like them :wink:

barnbum 02-10-2008 06:28 AM

You gals are so kind. :oops:

Ruth--I love to write! I have a book about being a mom published and I've had several columns in the paper--all about motherhood. Then I wrote about horse events...this is the first writing about quilting. :D I have no plans to make it a habit. :lol: I love to write for my students--models of the goofy ideas I come up with for them. Maybe I'll pop one over in chit chat.... I think one in particular is funny... :lol:

Tiffany 02-10-2008 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
You gals are so kind. :oops:

Ruth--I love to write! I have a book about being a mom published and I've had several columns in the paper--all about motherhood. Then I wrote about horse events...this is the first writing about quilting. :D I have no plans to make it a habit. :lol: I love to write for my students--models of the goofy ideas I come up with for them. Maybe I'll pop one over in chit chat.... I think one in particular is funny... :lol:

Wow, a published writer. You are an amazingly talented gal! I really wish we lived closer. I bet we could have a lot of fun and get into a lot of trouble together. Hm, could you imagine us on a Shop Hop together? :lol:
~Tiffany

barnbum 02-10-2008 07:11 AM

Oh my heavens, Tiffany, I get into enough trouble at the local Mennonite shops!! :roll: I had made a resolution about not buying any fabric in 2008, with the exception of something for a back. I remember thinking how well I was holding up--then realized it was only January. :lol: And I got on the internet, so innocently, and bought some. :? It should be here any day!!

That resolution didn't last long.

The book is self published--on the advice of a publisher who wanted to take it, but had too many titles backed up and could not get a private person to fund it. I have always wanted a publisher to take it for a wider distribution, but it paid for itself in a year. Sales still dribble in--just sent one yesterday. :D Funny thing is someone told me it was on amazon.com--and when I checked they had one for $20--folks can get it from me for $12 through my website. Strange.

Tiffany 02-10-2008 07:19 AM

Hee hee! You are too funny. I love that you have already bought fabric. I figure you are looking at it wrong here though. Fabric is part of the tools of our craft and any good craftsman needs good tools to work with in order to put out a superior product. Thus, since no fabric stash is complete with every color and/or scale, it is perfectly understandable that as a craftsman you would need to buy what it takes to fill in those areas.

Do I sound convincing? Do you think my husband will buy it? :wink: :lol:
~Tiffany

Feathers 02-10-2008 08:48 AM

Tiffany...your "justification" works for me. I worked with a lady years ago who was a knitter. She bought armloads of knitting books, needles, yarn, everything under the sun in huge amounts. I went shopping with her one time and mentioned she'd have to live 100 years to use up all her yarn. She told me..."I decided along time ago I'm buying everything I want now, while I'm working and can afford to buy it because after I retire I may not have the $$ to buy what I want so I want to make sure I have enough stuff for making projects til I die!" Having good "tools" to produce superior projects sounds good to me.

BDor 02-10-2008 02:24 PM

This has been a wonderful quilting journey!! Thanks for letting us share it!!

Beverly