Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/barn-quilt-top-done-page-10-a-t3820.html)

Lois-nounoe 02-10-2008 03:49 PM

The way I figure is to buy what I want when I can cause when I'm too old and weak to take care of my animals I'll be too old and weak to go out and buy fabric also. So I'll have a lot of supplies to keep me busy. Sound about right folks? LOL

Celeste 02-10-2008 03:58 PM

I love this quilt! It gives me a peaceful feeling to look at it.

Your daughter's socks are too cute!

Thanks again for everything!

live2teach 02-10-2008 03:58 PM

Oh, that is fantastic! I love it. The colors go so well together, and I love all of the special touches! It's gorgeous!

joannl 02-10-2008 05:25 PM

I love your quilt! I have really enjoyed watching the process. It's been almost as much fun as making a quilt myself.
I look at my fabric purchases much as I looked at my jewelry purchases when I worked in a jewelry store- I am just making certain my family will be taken care of. With jewelry I told my husband I had to buy it in case we were ever invaded by another country. Look at all the times in history that the local money was no good but people were able to survive on their jewels!
Same thing for fabric- if something ever happens I will be able to make clothes & quilts for my family (probably forever!)
That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!
Jo

barnbum 02-10-2008 06:05 PM

That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!

Oh my gosh I laughed aloud after reading that line. :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :D

There were two triangle sets left over after each of the tree sections were made. So many triangles.... Tonight I sewed them all together--so now I have half as many tiny squares to use somewhere, some day. :roll:

I am proud of myself for not tossing the wee suckers. :lol:

joannl 02-10-2008 08:06 PM

I'm so impressed you sewed the tiny squares together. I always think I will do that but never follow through. I think you should reward yourself with more fabric.
Jo

zyxquilts 02-10-2008 08:07 PM

Wow! The quilt is a stunner Karla! You did a wonderful job, despite all the speed bumps :wink: Thank you so much for sharing the trip with us here. :D :D :D

Tiffany 02-11-2008 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by joannl
I think you should reward yourself with more fabric. Jo

Hee hee hee - Me too, time to go play at the fabric shop!!

There were two triangle sets left over after each of the tree sections were made. So many triangles.... Tonight I sewed them all together--so now I have half as many tiny squares to use somewhere, some day.
Just a thought, you could use those little triangles to make a label for the back of the quilt (definitely don't forget that) or to use with the backing, or you could make a matching pillow, table runner, et cetera. I love using extra scraps left over from the quilt this way. Of course I also have a bunch of orphan half square triangles saved up and someday I'll have enough to make a quilt. I just think your quilt is such a treasure and I am glad you allowed us to be a part of the journey of making it.
~Tiffany

Quilting Aggi 02-21-2008 06:05 AM

I was hearing such amazing things about this quilt I had to go check it out!!

That is a gorgeous quilt!!! I love how you added photos of your horses in the barns!! Certainly personalizes it!!!

Cheers

Pam Pollock 02-21-2008 08:59 AM

WOW! That turned out gorgeous! This has been a lot of fun following your progress. I agree with the others...thanks for including us! I also would like to see a post of it quilted & completely done. :D