Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Batik Bargello - Check Out the Photo on Page 5 :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/batik-bargello-check-out-photo-page-5-a-t5357.html)

zyxquilts 03-18-2008 09:34 AM

Wow Chele! That is too cool! :thumbup:
I vote for a small (1" - 1.5") dark inner border, then the wider border of the fabric on your cutting board. I think the dark one will help 'contain' the bargello & show it off. Then use the scraps in a new quilt!
:D :D :D

Steve 03-18-2008 09:44 AM

Yeah, personally I say stop the eyes. Without a small border (the dark sounds best) the pattern and bargello won't halt and thus leave the viewer wandering mentally.

Steve 03-18-2008 09:45 AM

Oh, I forgot to say WOW! :thumbup:

Shadow Dancer 03-18-2008 11:40 AM

Chele it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! You did it! :) :) I am so proud of you!! :) :) :)

On the topic of borders, it's a bargello, you don't want a border that is going to take away from the bargello design....if you want to add a border, make it a solid color so it's not competing with the center fabrics in the design.... if it was me, I would put a 4 inch solid black border on it, with black binding.

ccbear66 03-18-2008 11:56 AM

WOW :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I love your quilt. I think that I agree with shadow on the black border. Save thoses other scrappy borders for a different project.

tlrnhi 03-18-2008 01:53 PM

I'm really of no help here.
I just LOVE it! Border or no border!
GORGEOUS!!
If you need a home for it, I'll send you my address!

tlrnhi 03-18-2008 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
It is beautiful Chele! Really beautiful! I wish I could chat with you in chat room, but my computer won't let me type in the chat -can you imagine? Thats like not being able to talk at a girls overnight! Whew! Anyways, wanted to say your Bargello is stunning! Loretta

I have the same problem with the chat room. It'll let me in, but when I go to type, it says I'm not connected. I've tried everything to remedy the problem, but still no luck. UGH!

annmarie 03-18-2008 03:03 PM

I'm with Shadow. A 4" black border would be the "frame" for your FANTASTIC, STUPENDOUS, AWESOME quilt.

Pam Pollock 03-18-2008 03:43 PM

Chele, It is a beautiful quilt!!! You can be proud!!! You might try printing a copy of your photo & then cut the photo out & place some scraps behind it to simulate a border in the way you were thinking of doing it & then try some black & see what that does for it. Stand back from it & look at it for awhile & then decide. It would be nice to get a little preview of what both would look like before choosing don't you think? I like everyone's ideas but I would like to actually see them before choosing. :D

jbsstrawberry 03-18-2008 04:03 PM

Ohhh my gosh CHELE!!! That is amazing! You did yourself proud kiddo!!! I think you should MAKE MORE :D :thumbup: :thumbup: