Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bauhaus Quilt Picture and Plans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bauhaus-quilt-picture-plans-t190017.html)

Rock Lady 05-26-2012 06:16 PM

I love the neutrals. The ones you show look great. Go for it.

Blinkokr 05-26-2012 07:08 PM

Just lovely, thank you for sharing and can't wait to see it finished. Have a Blessed day Ellen

Laura in Montreal 05-26-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5244658)
Zentangles are basically doodling on fabric with thread. They can be any shape or pattern that fills in the surface of a fabric piece. Some people draw them out first and others just FMQ their designs. If you Google it I bet you will find many pictures of some fantastic designs. Some people frame their Zentangles and some incorporate them into different things like quilt, pillows etc.

Thanks, Tartan. I finished the 1" stripes for the middle section tonight, and will figure out how to put it all together later. I don't seem to be following my pattern, so we'll see what happens.... I think your "Zentangles" are basically embroidery, aren't they? I wish I were better at that... I should try it, shouldn't I?

Laura

irquilter 05-27-2012 02:20 AM

Any monochromatic color scheme would be striking, maybe using batiks because of their intense colors. I think you would have to be careful not to get too crazy with the pattern and color choices of fabric because it would be easy to confuse the eye with so much going on with the piecing. I would love to see your completed quilt, and think this would be a fun challenge to make.

jpmaroni 05-27-2012 03:22 AM

Wow, quite an amazing design. Love your colors now.

gollytwo 05-27-2012 03:37 AM

Greys, beige, tans, some brown and a little black; if I used a pale orange I'd do it sparingly and would not use a blue at all. - look forward to seeing it as a quilt. Am a great Bauhaus fan.

Kitsie 05-27-2012 07:33 AM

Love the way its done in the neutrals. Looks like a fun project! Keep us updated!

EvelynJ 05-27-2012 01:59 PM

Wow, I would love to see this in autumn/fall type colors- everything from vibrant red, copper/oranges, peach, yellow like Aspen leaves, to light lime green. Those would be what I would use...I can't wait to see what you do. I love the plan itself. Definately challenging! Good luck!

ArtsyOne 05-27-2012 02:51 PM

I think it would look great in shades of grey with occasional pops of color - especially in the center block that has the little black squares in it. Maybe those could be yellow or red. No matter what - the quilt will look great no matter what colorway you decide to use. It's a beautiful pattern.

pandamommy 05-27-2012 09:40 PM

The neutrals that everyone is suggesting would be good, but I can also see it in purple and green batiks. I also liked the suggestion of stonehedge. Keep us posted.