Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF MY ROOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/before-after-pictures-my-room-t124316.html)

Rose L 05-19-2011 10:46 PM

Your room looks wonderful! What a great place to plan and create in. I love the low window you have behind your machine too, so nice to have all that natural light and view.

I have an idea for your curtain problem...Place some eye hooks in the ceiling above the shelving and string a medium weight wire between them. Place one hook at each end of the shelving unit. Next do a second set right in front of the first but about 2 inches out from the first set. Now you can hang a quilt on each set of wires with those curtain ring hooks that would clamp on to the edges of the quilts. When you need to access the shelves you can slide one quilt behind the other to have full view of one side of the shelving unit at a time. When you need to get in the other side just side them both the other direction.

chickadeee55 05-20-2011 02:34 AM

Colleen, I use my handbag everyday, love it. Great pockets inside and I like the fact that it is like a bucket purse, easy in and easy out. You did a great job.
And I love my handles.

Marilynn

Originally Posted by colleen53
I think you have done a fantastic job of making your room a creative and inspiring place again.
I am also working on mine to make it more of a retreat for me. one that makes me smile everytime I walk in the door.. it is getting there.. dh is making racks for my threads right now. so that is a start.
How are your handbags working out for you? I have had several request for the smaller size since yours.. and the leather handles are a hit.. I wish I had more... I am on the look out for some as nice as the ones I got from you..

Katz13203 05-20-2011 04:01 AM

You are so organized! Room looks great.

tweety 05-20-2011 04:09 AM

You have a great room. I need to clean mine. Maybe it would get me in the mood to sew.

PAQUILTS 05-20-2011 04:16 AM

HI, LOOKS GREAT!! :) YOU HAVE A WALL HANGING WITH CARDNALS ON THE WALL IN SOME OF THE PICS, DO YOU HAVE A PATTERN FOR IT AND CAN I PURCHASE IT FROM YOU ??
THANKS
JUDY B.

toadmomma 05-20-2011 04:33 AM

WoW, the begining pics look like my rooms and areas,spillage happens. But your after pis are inspiring that there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is still hope for my areas. Organizing is not my best trait. So far as the closet curtains, clear shower curtains, would keep the dust off and still lt you see in. DEB

grannypat7925 05-20-2011 05:21 AM

What a transformation! Looks great!

bevannthomas 05-20-2011 05:48 AM

I know how difficult that was. I have to do mine... its a lot of work, but it has to be done... Great job!!!

Marie33604 05-20-2011 06:00 AM

Now that's a sewing room! An awesome job, you should be proud of yourself.
Marie

Dotsie 05-20-2011 06:08 AM

Woh! what a difference! Enjoy your sewing from now on.