Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Berta's Featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bertas-featherweight-t60955.html)

crawford1219 08-23-2010 12:56 PM

what a pretty girl!

dkabasketlady 08-23-2010 05:20 PM

She's a Beauty!!!

Rob 08-23-2010 05:40 PM

That is a very beautiful machine

littlehud 08-23-2010 06:41 PM

Oh my she is a beauty. She is my age but she looks much better. :lol: :lol:

Shelbie 08-23-2010 07:03 PM

As a featherweight owner, I don't believe that buttonholers ever came with the machine as a standard included regular attachment. They were always something extra that the machine owner would need to buy separately. The buttonholer that you have is just a regular Singer buttonholer for a short shank machine and would fit any Singer that fits this description. I use this same buttonholer on my fairly new Janome because I don't like the built in buttonholer it has. My ancient old buttonholer that is older than I am is now making perfect uniform buttonholes while attached to my almost new machine. Singer also made other attachents for their machines. My featherweight came with the zig zag attachment which screws on the same way as the buttonholer. As for your faceplate, it probably got switched. My 1948 featherweight has the older style Eygptian scrollwork design on the faceplate. Sometimes featherweights were also released much later than they were made or some were made using up parts.

ChubbyBunny 08-23-2010 07:28 PM

What a beauty! I would love to have one.

bertadel 08-23-2010 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Her name is Lucy. I named her after a little black lab I had for 18 days. She's a great little puppy, not perfect but super cute. Just like this featherweight. I got the puppy for my friend that lives in Alaska. It was really hard handing her over the her new home. I got really attached. She is so cute! Lucy the puppy is 6 months now, she is becoming a great bird dog, goes to work with her master and sleeps in their bed.

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
Beautiful machine! Does she have a name yet? :-)

Looks like you definitely picked out a terrific little featherweight.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-24-2010 04:21 AM

I tried to research the buttonholer w/o success. I think Shelbie is right about it. And I think they switched my face plate GRRRRRRR
I still love her :D
Shelbie- thanks for your info!!

CarrieAnne 08-24-2010 04:28 AM

What a little beauty!

LindaR 08-24-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
As a featherweight owner, I don't believe that buttonholers ever came with the machine as a standard included regular attachment. They were always something extra that the machine owner would need to buy separately. The buttonholer that you have is just a regular Singer buttonholer for a short shank machine and would fit any Singer that fits this description. I use this same buttonholer on my fairly new Janome because I don't like the built in buttonholer it has. My ancient old buttonholer that is older than I am is now making perfect uniform buttonholes while attached to my almost new machine. Singer also made other attachents for their machines. My featherweight came with the zig zag attachment which screws on the same way as the buttonholer. As for your faceplate, it probably got switched. My 1948 featherweight has the older style Eygptian scrollwork design on the faceplate. Sometimes featherweights were also released much later than they were made or some were made using up parts.

thanks....I know when I bought my first kenmore I had to purchase buttonholder seperately....