Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Billfolds and keychains by Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/billfolds-keychains-rhonda-t18842.html)

amma 04-11-2009 06:34 PM

Those are all really nice!!! :D :D :D I made some luggage tags that are 1 inch bigger than your key chains. Too many black suitcases going around the carousel :shock: and I got tired of my kids teasing me about the colorful ribbons I was tying around the handles :roll: :lol: :wink: I bet those would sell well, too :wink:

Rhonda 04-11-2009 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
Oh for sure! I think I'm going to maybe try this in a little bigger than the 1'' and see how it works for me. I have a HUGE bag of scraps that I'm sure everyone on here can relate to. I'll try this method and if it works the way I think I'm going to try making some things to sell on my website! :-)

The best way to success with this method is make sure you keep the point of the template squarely on the seam when you cut out the block. and pay attention to accuracy. Make sure your squares are square and all the same size. If you are off even alittle it will change the picture. I focus on making sure the lines are straight when blocks join.
If you need any troubleshooting ideas just let me know I have a list of troubleshooting things to pay attention to for good results.

I hate to rip so I try to prevent instead altho there are still times when I have no choice but to tear out and start over.

Rhonda 04-11-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Those are all really nice!!! :D :D :D I made some luggage tags that are 1 inch bigger than your key chains. Too many black suitcases going around the carousel :shock: and I got tired of my kids teasing me about the colorful ribbons I was tying around the handles :roll: :lol: :wink: I bet those would sell well, too :wink:

What a good idea!! What size are the tags? Are they a square or a rectangle?

amma 04-11-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Originally Posted by amma

What a good idea!! What size are the tags? Are they a square or a rectangle?

I made them 4 inch squares, double sided, and VERY BRIGHT so that I could see them well :lol: :lol: :lol:

amma 04-11-2009 06:46 PM

Although, half the size of your bookmarks would be very attractive, too :D :D :D

amma 04-11-2009 06:50 PM

Hmmmmm maybe sets of luggage tags??? Luggage tags, mini tags for rotary cutters, mats, totes, sewing machine carriers, whatever you use or take to a sewing class, guild, ????? See what you did???? Now my mind will be whirling these ideas around and I will never get to sleep tonight :lol: :roll: :lol:

littlehud 04-11-2009 07:06 PM

The billfold is cool but I am in love with the key chains. I want one. Maybe I can make one.

Rhonda 04-11-2009 07:14 PM

Because I sell to a store in an Amish area I have spent the last 11 years doing dark colors! I have a hard time with bright colors!! They don't appeal to me very much.

But Dorothy my friend that does my prep work is always telling me I need to try brighter colors.

I just know I probably wouldn't be able to sell them in Kalona but there are other places like my own web site and the fall event I am going to on Labor Day weekend.

Thanks for the good ideas. I will have to play with the idea and see what I can come up with. I am not too familiar with tags but I have seen them on the primitive sites.

dojo36 04-18-2009 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Because I sell to a store in an Amish area I have spent the last 11 years doing dark colors! I have a hard time with bright colors!! They don't appeal to me very much.

But Dorothy my friend that does my prep work is always telling me I need to try brighter colors.

I just know I probably wouldn't be able to sell them in Kalona but there are other places like my own web site and the fall event I am going to on Labor Day weekend.

Thanks for the good ideas. I will have to play with the idea and see what I can come up with. I am not too familiar with tags but I have seen them on the primitive sites.

these tags are made strictly on the embroidery machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32920[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 04-18-2009 03:34 PM

Thanks dojo36! Those are so cute and colorful! When I can take the time I will have to see what I can come up with!! Thanks for the idea!