Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Billfolds and keychains by Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/billfolds-keychains-rhonda-t18842.html)

Mousie 04-18-2009 05:55 PM

gret stuff, Rhonda. I really love your avatar!

Rhonda 04-18-2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Thanks Quiltncrazy it was a tote that I sold. It was made with one of my"blocks" i call a "star point block"

It is my own design it always looks to me like birds flying up into the air from the center. I really liked it. I'm glad you like it!

Mousie 04-19-2009 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Thanks Quiltncrazy it was a tote that I sold. It was made with one of my"blocks" i call a "star point block"

It is my own design it always looks to me like birds flying up into the air from the center. I really liked it. I'm glad you like it!

wow, your right, it does look like birds...looks hard too!
I need to go to your bits and pieces site and see if there are lessons I can print out, I only have one phone line, and just can't sit in here and practice. I do LARGE totes, but if I learned a few tricks, could do this in center, and add to...just love it! :P

Rhonda 04-19-2009 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

wow, your right, it does look like birds...looks hard too!
I need to go to your bits and pieces site and see if there are lessons I can print out, I only have one phone line, and just can't sit in here and practice. I do LARGE totes, but if I learned a few tricks, could do this in center, and add to...just love it! :P

It is not hard!! It was an 18" tote. I used 2 1/2" template for blocks if I remember right.
The whole point of my cut down method is it makes the piecing quick and easy!!!
You sew two swatches together. Cut a 60? ( I forget the angle would have to look to be sure) sew another swatch on the joined swatches and cut out a square with the template! Then just sew your squares together like you would for a quilt block or quilt.
This is how all l my "blocks" are made. If you have the bookmark directions the only differance is where you add the third swatch.
It is so easy any beginner can do it!!
The thing I like about this is that you get dramatic looks with such easy piecing!!

Enough of lecturing right??? But seriously try it!! Idon'tthink that pattern is on my site but once you know how to make the "blocks" you will be able to see what the blocks are made of and how they go together.

I am frequently amazed what comes out of this process. It is kinda like ink blots. You don't always know what you will get till you play with it.
This one was created on EQ5 I go to block and make a Star Point Block which this was and put the blocks into a 6 by6 grid with no sashing and start turning blocks and see what I get. It is addictive!! Play with color too!