Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Birth of a quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/birth-quilt-t199791.html)

wendiq 04-19-2013 06:18 AM

Another perfect block...:) Sorry, I missed the news about the twins being born early, but I'm glad they are doing so well. Gosh! Mom and Dad must be in stress not having them home.....well, the best to all.....sounds like everything is under control. Your life certainly has had it's ups and downs over the last year....makes for one tough Lady...LOL!

QuiltE 04-19-2013 09:54 AM

Anael ... so pretty and perfect! I've stared and stared and don't see why the Y? :)

Anael 04-19-2013 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The foundation pattern was like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]408980[/ATTACH]
It looks like I had too many drinks but it's hard to draw straight lines with a trackball :(
I started making the block but realized I had to do Y seams.........so I did LOL

QuiltE 04-19-2013 01:46 PM

Thanks! Now I see ... There were some of the PC blocks that made no sense as to the assembly IMHO, having Y's that were not needed. So I re-structured those. I printed the patterns, then put them together, and cut them back out differently.

Sorry ... I don't know how to do what you did, so will try to explain. For this one, I would have .......
* PPd the centre square with the turquoise and purple florals with the solid purple
* PPd the top and right outside HSTs in two strips, then attached to above
* PPd the left and bottom strips of white with the turquoise triangle, adding them to the above
* then finally added on the bottom left corner triangle of white

Sometimes I think the pattern makers never look at what their computers create! :)

Anael 04-21-2013 12:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You're right QuiltE, I didn't pay attention when I was drawing the pattern and grouping the pieces!

This is the block I made today, it's block # 11 Odd Fellows Chain
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409223[/ATTACH]
and here is the upper right part of the quilt, blocks assembled
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409224[/ATTACH]

QM 04-21-2013 01:03 AM

That is a lovely quilt start.

Anael 04-21-2013 01:07 AM

Thank you QM! It's not a start, it's a restart :)

Wendiq, thanks! We had our ups and downs this past year but things look good now. My DDIL is doing great, she's not showing lots of stress, my DS is very tired and a bit moody. That's understandable and as far as I can support them I do. We will get there!

QuiltE 04-21-2013 05:31 AM

Your Odd Fellows Chain is far from an Odd Fellow ... in fact, quite handsome!!! :)
I reeeeeeeallly like it!!!

I just took a trip back thru all your postst here, and it looks like you must be more than 1/2 way done ... maybe much further? Time for a whole group shot! Pleeeeeeeeeease? :D

Anael 04-21-2013 05:38 AM

Thank you QuiltE and yes, I looked at all the finished blocks and wondered if I could sew them together already :) The weather is great (for a change) so I've been outside most of the day, no sewing. Maybe later today!

QuiltE 04-21-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6016240)
Thank you QuiltE and yes, I looked at all the finished blocks and wondered if I could sew them together already :) The weather is great (for a change) so I've been outside most of the day, no sewing. Maybe later today!

Or just loose together?
This is such a perfect quilt for spring! :)

ENJOY the grand day ... twins visit today?