Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bonnet Girls - Fifteenth in Series - My Garden (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bonnet-girls-fifteenth-series-my-garden-t195225.html)

quiltsforme 07-20-2012 12:48 PM

Hello Ruth, I spend a lot of time at the sewing machine..No, I didn't have them prepped before hand. I have an obsessive, compulsive personality..When I start a project, I don't stop until it is finished..I stay up late many nights sewing...I used steam n seam (lite) for the appliques. I plan on using sashing in between the blocks. I am thinking if I can find the right fabric, that I want tiny flowers with a red background..but may change my mind, depends on what I find when I go for fabric...:)

quiltsforme 07-20-2012 12:50 PM

Thanks Kathy for your input. I really appreciate it.

KSellers 07-20-2012 01:23 PM

What if you made the other 4 blocks in the same background fabric as the ducks and sprinkled them among the plainer ones? If the background is bothering you, I'd probably go ahead and make another block. You've put in so much time on these you don't want any regrets!

Diane007 07-20-2012 03:24 PM

Nice block
I vote for 20.... to make 4 by 5 an odd number

Sorry

Jo M 07-20-2012 03:27 PM

Oooh, they're simply precious! Nice work.

quiltsforme 07-20-2012 04:28 PM

I agree with you Diane..Think i'm gonna shoot for 20, and will be doing Evie and her ducks over...The block doesn't blend well with the rest of them..No idea what I was thinking when I did that...lol

AuntieD 07-20-2012 04:42 PM

I am enjoying seeing each creation. You are doing a great job.

cindy4857 07-20-2012 05:17 PM

20 blocks, and a scalloped edge :=) just my opinion, I keep seeing that in my head. I vote to redo the geese and use the one you did first as a pillow or wood framed wall hanging. That one with the geese is among my fav. cuz my mom always had geese and so did her mom, reminds me of them.

lollygagging 07-20-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by cindy4857 (Post 5381047)
20 blocks, and a scalloped edge :=) just my opinion, I keep seeing that in my head. I vote to redo the geese and use the one you did first as a pillow or wood framed wall hanging. That one with the geese is among my fav. cuz my mom always had geese and so did her mom, reminds me of them.

We didn't have geese...we had chickens. I also agree that 20 blocks would make it better. If I recall right, you said that the blocks were 12 ½" blocks. That would make your quilt without sashing 60" x 48". Measure your double bed or google quilt sizes for the double bed measurements and make your sashing accordingly. I also think the block you're not happy with could serve as a framed wall hanging or a pillow. Both ideas are great. Thanks for continuing to share your progression with us and for trusting our opinions.

mighty 07-20-2012 07:55 PM

They are all just wonderful, they are perfect just the way they are!!!!!!