Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Bonnet Girls - Fifteenth in Series - My Garden (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bonnet-girls-fifteenth-series-my-garden-t195225.html)

4EVERquilt 07-20-2012 08:25 PM

Awww!! again, I love all your work. What talent you have shown in all these blocks.

Sewfine 07-20-2012 08:43 PM

That is beautiful. Would love to see the finished project.

burchquilts 07-21-2012 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy T. (Post 5380546)
I would leave them the way they are. Farewell has to have the ship leaving in it, of course, and her size just emphasizes how far away it is going (in my humble opinion!). Can't really tell about the block with ducks, but looks like it blends well enough in this photo. If it is too striking a difference to you, make another and use this block to make a pillow - it would certainly look great alone. They are all so wonderful!

My thoughts exactly. it were me, I'd make 20 for a full-sized quilt. These are spectacular & this is going to be one stunning quilt! I really love today's block! What will we have to look forward to when you finish these? LOL! You'll just have to start another fabulous project!

Annya 07-21-2012 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by KSellers (Post 5380639)
What if you made the other 4 blocks in the same background fabric as the ducks and sprinkled them among the plainer ones? If the background is bothering you, I'd probably go ahead and make another block. You've put in so much time on these you don't want any regrets!

I agree with KSellars but before cutting into your fabric and doing all that hard work just to find it wont work, how about just using your fabric and sprinkle them around then go away for a while then come back and look at it with fresh eyes.
that way you know if it will work or not.

juneeloonee 07-21-2012 02:38 AM

Such beautiful work! These are so expressive. I may look into making some of these cuz they are so precious.

OmaForFour 07-21-2012 05:42 AM

I agree to make Farewell bigger and also change Evie. I would make the 20. You can always make pillow covers or shams with them if you end up not needing them. Your work is wonderful and I am saving all the pics to show to my quilt guild.

DoriDeS 07-21-2012 06:28 AM

your blocks are beautiful :o)

fivepaws 07-21-2012 07:21 AM

I am crazy about your quilt, as you know. Can't wait to see the last square and then the total quilt. Thanks for all you help.

heather1949 07-21-2012 10:10 PM

They are all beautiful and love your last one.

grammysharon 07-22-2012 08:50 PM

I would not change any of them. I think they are beautiful. As for 16 or 20 it depends on size of sashing and borders.I think you will need 20 unless you have huge borders. Just my opinion. They are all beautiful!!!!!

Originally Posted by quiltsforme (Post 5380553)
Hello Ruth, I spend a lot of time at the sewing machine..No, I didn't have them prepped before hand. I have an obsessive, compulsive personality..When I start a project, I don't stop until it is finished..I stay up late many nights sewing...I used steam n seam (lite) for the appliques. I plan on using sashing in between the blocks. I am thinking if I can find the right fabric, that I want tiny flowers with a red background..but may change my mind, depends on what I find when I go for fabric...:)