Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Boo boo quilt/need opinions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/boo-boo-quilt-need-opinions-t51972.html)

franie 06-29-2010 02:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK I am fixing my boo boo quilt--the wavy borders are gone. Two new borders are on and I have decided on a corner setting stone. Which one do you prefer? Opinons please.

Corner stone 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85178[/ATTACH]

corner stone 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85179[/ATTACH]

ginnie6 06-29-2010 02:24 PM

I like the bottom one better.

bearisgray 06-29-2010 02:25 PM

How about a cornerstone of the red that you have in one of the inner borders?

Tell us what you did to fix the waviness of the borders - I can use the help.

Prism99 06-29-2010 02:27 PM

I don't think it needs a corner setting stone but, of the two pictures you provided, I definitely prefer the top one.

Isn't a cornerstone typically the width of the border?

Edit: Oh, I see that it's a block. I thought at first just the white square was the cornerstone.

Laura1557 06-29-2010 02:27 PM

I like the top one but like the idea of the red too.

JanieW 06-29-2010 02:27 PM

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the border fabric.

Have you thought about making the white square in the cornerstone of the outer border the same size as the square in the inner border... the one made out of the rust print?

Once again, that is one gorgeous quilt.

Janie

franie 06-29-2010 02:28 PM

I could redo it with red but trying to stay with the brown.

Originally Posted by bearisgray
How about a cornerstone of the red that you have in one of the inner borders?

Tell us what you did to fix the waviness of the borders - I can use the help.

Basically I took the borders off. I measured three times to get an accurate size of the quilt and all three times were the same #. OK then I cut my border to size and sewed it on--took me forever as the pieced border is a lot of bias which means I had to ease the pieced border to fit the outter border. Two more to go.

thimblebug6000 06-29-2010 02:28 PM

Could you make a 4 patch with the lights & dark instead with the dark squares lining up on the diagonal with the inner dark large square?

franie 06-29-2010 02:29 PM

Yes the cornerstone is the same size of the outter borders-- 4 1/2". The one border is just laying there.

Originally Posted by Prism99
I don't think it needs a corner setting stone but, of the two pictures you provided, I definitely prefer the top one.

Isn't a cornerstone typically the width of the border?

Edit: Oh, I see that it's a block. I thought at first just the white square was the cornerstone.

franie 06-29-2010 02:30 PM

No don't want a four patch or plain block. I was just wondering where the white looked the best.

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Could you make a 4 patch with the lights & dark instead with the dark squares lining up on the diagonal with the inner dark large square?