Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Boy Scout Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/boy-scout-quilt-t214475.html)

Tashana 02-22-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5879511)
Where do you get the fabric from please.? Would love to make a scout quilt for my brother who is an assistant distrct commissioner here in UK.
Thank you.

I bought the fabric on fabrics.com last fall. It is Robert Kaufman / Quilting Treasures fabric. I believe the panels are still available but I am not sure about the coordinating fabric from the line. Good luck!

Tashana 02-22-2013 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc (Post 5879469)
You should give yourself a big pat on the back. The quilt is going to be very special to someone. Did you put a label on it?

I was very close to not puting label on it, but a friend told me "you have to put a label on your quilt, always" so I did :)

cjackaitlin 02-22-2013 11:12 AM

Wonderful quilt, sorry you had sew much trouble,It is a good deed done great. Thanks for sharing.

Grammie Sharon 02-22-2013 02:20 PM

As a parent of an Eagle Scout and former Scoutmaster of our troop I appreciate and realize all you did to finish this quilt. I'm sure if you ask any scout that is how they felt sometimes in trying to complete a project to move up in rank. A lot of times the boys complained about doing a job but I would always try to explain the outcome from it. Look at your outcome.You did a beautiful job on the quilt. I am in the process of making a quilt for my son out of his Class B shirts he obtained while in scouts. I do like your alot. Great job. Yours in Scouting.

Sapphire_Rae 02-22-2013 02:29 PM

Nicely done! My son is a Life Scout, headed toward Eagle, but I think he may need a shove. My husband is the Scoutmaster, we started with the program when our son was in 1st grade. Your quilt is wonderful!!

Sapphire_Rae 02-22-2013 02:31 PM

I made the quilt in my Avatar for DH in appreciation of his service to the Boy Scouts!

QUILTNMO 02-22-2013 04:13 PM

it turned out very nice good luck omn the auction!!!

Phannie1 02-22-2013 04:18 PM

My sons were Scouts, my youngest made Eagle. I stayed with the troop till I moved so I was a boy scout longer than my boys were. LOL I am going to make a quilt for the Scout Master from tshirts from camps he had taken the boys too through the years. He ad 33 years a scout master.

You quilt is great, wish I could put in a bid!

mary j 02-23-2013 11:22 AM

Yeah! I'm so glad you stuck with it. it is a great quilt and I would definitely bid on it. Let us know how much it brought in!

quiltin-nannie 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tashana (Post 5880485)
I bought the fabric on fabrics.com last fall. It is Robert Kaufman / Quilting Treasures fabric. I believe the panels are still available but I am not sure about the coordinating fabric from the line. Good luck!

Good to know...hope I can find it. my future sil is a senior district executive for the local district. When I asked him for Christmas ideas one of the things on his list was"anything homemade". I took that as a hint he'd would like a quilt. LOL!