Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Brain Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/brain-challenge-t248982.html)

IshtarsMom 06-24-2014 05:34 AM

Brain Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Keep trying to stay ahead and keep the old thinker going.. Haven't a clue what I will do with all these purses since I barely wear underwear let alone dress up...LOL If no one in the family wants will donate to the Haven sale...in the meantime it keeps me off the street...

Saw something like this one that was a ying yang design....rethought it a bit and made a pattern...Mmmmm...made several wrong turns, discovered the proper sewing order of the pieces allowing me to practice my ripping skills...then finally managed to finish it....Gosh I miss the dexterity of the old days before arthritis when I could put the proper finishing touches by hand...but am very grateful for the sewing machine that keeps me going...

I did have something happen I haven't had before...maybe someone knows what I did wrong...when putting together the interior pockets with fusible interfacing I was faced with air bubbles between the layers...started in the middle and pressed outward...pricked holes and still couldn't work them out...

Thanks for looking and any input...

Quiltngolfer 06-24-2014 05:42 AM

Wow, that's pretty...and different. I really like it. I can't imagine making a pattern for that. I'm not that creative.

Diane007 06-24-2014 05:54 AM

I like the style that you cut
very nice

ruthrings 06-24-2014 06:21 AM

This is one of the prettiest bags I've seen. Very nice!! And you do have a way with words!

PurplePassion 06-24-2014 07:11 AM

"I did have something happen I haven't had before...maybe someone knows what I did wrong...when putting together the interior pockets with fusible interfacing I was faced with air bubbles between the layers...started in the middle and pressed outward...pricked holes and still couldn't work them out..."

Nice looking purse. I sometimes get air bubbles when my iron isn't hot enough. I just turn up the heat and let the iron sit on fabric a bit longer.

FabStripper 06-24-2014 08:46 AM

You have such a great outlook I love it! I really like this style of purse but I am like you - I don't use a handbag. But I'm one-up on you, because I do wear undies. LOL. LOVE the bag and I'm sure Haven will be thrilled to get these. Maybe there is a women's shelter that helps get women back to work? Those women would treasure these bags I think. Have fun keeping busy; these are great!

Grandma Bonnie 06-24-2014 08:52 AM

You did a wonderful job on this purse! Good job making the pattern for it - I could never do that! Keep up the good work. Someone will love them!

BrendaK 06-24-2014 08:54 AM

Love the bag. But I really love the fact that you said you "barely wear underwear let alone dress up". This made me remember when I was growing up every time my mother put on a bra all the kids asked her where she was going. You did a great job on this purse. Thanks for the memories. BrendaK

fxsts93kf 06-24-2014 09:15 AM

LOL! You made my day!! Love your purse..great design and fabrics!

SlightlyOffQuilter 06-24-2014 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 6772180)
Love the bag. But I really love the fact that you said you "barely wear underwear let alone dress up". This made me remember when I was growing up every time my mother put on a bra all the kids asked her where she was going. BrendaK

I laughed out loud at this one, because for me it is my Husband who asks me that every time I wear one !