Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Brought my baby home Finally!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/brought-my-baby-home-finally-t59071.html)

rootyr 08-12-2010 10:31 AM

Fun ahead!

CarolinePaj 08-12-2010 11:04 AM

Congrats on bringing home your new baby!

Hugs

livenlearn124 08-12-2010 11:14 AM

Congrats! What have you named her?

Marye 08-12-2010 11:23 AM

(

Originally Posted by MaryAnna

Originally Posted by angelarose
What a joy! And you don't have to feed it except a drop or two of oil every 6 mos., and it doesn't call for your attention in the middle of the night!
Lots of sewing pleasure coming your way. I used a Bernina in a class I took. I have a new Janome, but the Bernina felt better.

LOL! Yes the perfect 'baby'! And I'm enjoying it immensely. I had taken a couple of classes at the Bernina, Lqs, and we used their Bernina machines for class...after that there was no turning back! I was lucky to find them on sale the day I decided on one, and then again most blessed that they had layaway! Yes, there is nothing else quite like a Bernina. I hope I'm still saying that 5 yrs down the road!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

You will( no you want) becuase you will probably say what I said, "I wished I had her years early". Love mine too.

finch 08-12-2010 11:29 AM

You will really love it!! I just bought the Bernina Patchwork addition a while back and the only think that irratates me is where the switch is located. But other than that,It is super.I bought an original walking foot on Ebay for mine,not a repo either,brand new in the box.They do have several feet for them .I only buy the original feet though.

MaryAnna 08-12-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by finch
You will really love it!! I just bought the Bernina Patchwork addition a while back and the only think that irratates me is where the switch is located. But other than that,It is super.I bought an original walking foot on Ebay for mine,not a repo either,brand new in the box.They do have several feet for them .I only buy the original feet though.

Well I bought several feet from the Bernina store, I get 20% off my purchases as a 20/20 club member. So I've already purchased the Walking foot, 1/4 inch foot, and the darning/qulting foot. There were 4 feet that came with the machine, I think mainly for traditional sewing.
I'm very happy with the machine, and what impressed me most was the feed dogs and how they really 'bite' and pull the fabric- no more pushing 'n pulling the fabric through.

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

newquilter10 08-12-2010 11:45 AM

I am new to quilting and have been looking for a different sewing machine. I have a Singer right now and not even sure how long I have it, probably at least 20 years. Will this one do some machine quiting and if you do not mind telling me, how much do they run?

jacee kay 08-12-2010 12:08 PM

love those babies! I have the 440Qe and love it.

CherokeeGal 08-12-2010 12:50 PM

Wow! Yes, She is Beautiful!!! Happy Quilting!!!

Friendly Quilter 08-12-2010 12:53 PM

LoOOOVVVVVEyour Baby! I look forward to the day I can get a new machine.