Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This Is Bugging Me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bugging-me-t55807.html)

Annaquilts 07-23-2010 05:21 AM

I would take it out and flip over the quilt, sew bottom to torn out edge, and see how those strips look next to each other.

marytoddliz 07-23-2010 05:31 AM

I love the colors, I think you should embelish it like you did it on purpose. After all as the others are saying it went together perfectly and that is really hard to do if you planned it~ I love your cat material it is so cute!

Pam 07-23-2010 05:38 AM

I like the applique word and candy cane ideas! Making lemonade out of lemons. I think if it were me I would just take that whole seam out and flip the darn thing over sew it back on and be done with it.

We put in laminate flooring and there is a spot where 2 patterned boards ended up one right on top of the other. I see that everytime I walk into my sewing room, it bugs me, but I am NOT taking the flooring up, again!

Moral to the story, a stitch in time saves 9! Fix it now, before it is too late.

weezie 07-23-2010 05:53 AM

Suggestion: Take that one seam out ... that would give you 2 sections and then take that whole smaller section of strips and move it to one of the sides. I'm assuming when I suggest this that you have not finished the edges yet. That way, you'd have only one seam to rip and one to sew. Depending on which way you turn the section or which side you put it on, that would give you 4 different options, so you should not encounter a similar problem.

littlehud 07-23-2010 06:54 AM

It's beautiful but I would have to fix that too. It would bother me every time I looked at the quilt. Other than that it's a wonderful scrappy quilt.

dkabasketlady 07-23-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by marymc

Originally Posted by tweetee
Or, you could just rip out that one seam where the 2 are together, turn the smaller part around, and restitch

I agree; turn and flip if you can still see that they are the same length. It's funny how once we spot a "problem" we can never not see it after that. Beautiful quilt!

I agree with them!! Turn the strip the other direction!! At least you have a Very nice date planned for tonight and you're on a first name basis!!!

Ditter43 07-23-2010 07:33 AM

You could use the fancy stitches on your sewing machine ( if it has them) and do something on one of the strips to make it different.... :D

Sadiemae 07-23-2010 08:22 AM

I don't think it will ever show when quilted. I have to laugh because usually I am the one that will pick everything out and I would leave this one. I think I am just not normal sometimes. LOL

jljack 07-23-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Lovely!

I see what you mean about those two pesky strips- how about making a feature of them by doing something like appliquéing some baubles on there, or a word (Noel?).

Oh, that's a great idea!!! Make it for a reason....you can be very creative with this little mistake!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

laceybritt 07-23-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
This is going to be lovely, but I too would want to make a change to those two strips. With the randomness of how these are sewn together you would wonder how they could have lined up so perfectly.

I was thinking the same thing :D they are lined up perfectly. Lovely quilt!