Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Butterfly quilt Finished Hurrah!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/butterfly-quilt-finished-hurrah-t26364.html)

maggiemuggins 10-06-2009 11:39 AM

I LOVE butterfly quilts and yours is spectacular...

Sandy1951 10-06-2009 11:46 AM

Wow!! I love the colors, the butterflies are gorgeous, and that's really your first attempt at FMQ? I say again, Wow! Beautiful!!

Janis 10-06-2009 07:56 PM

I love you butterflies, and the quilting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. Where did you get your butterfly applique?

rosalia856 10-07-2009 06:36 AM

I loved that quilt. I also love butterflies. I am trying to get my husband interested in quilting.Keep up the good work.

Bill'sBonBon 10-07-2009 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
I love you butterflies, and the quilting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. Where did you get your butterfly applique?

Hi Janis, Thank You for your complement. I got the pattern form Better Homes and Gardens... Grandma's Best Full-Size Quilt Blocks.. I love this book. The Butterfly is just one piece of material and you mark the wings then sew them or embroider, I just satin stitch them. I love the effect the satin stitching does.
BillsBonBon

Ducky 10-07-2009 06:46 AM

Amazing quilt! Did you use the machine to satin stitch?

Bill'sBonBon 10-07-2009 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Hi Ducky, Thank you, yes I did use the machine to satin stitch, I do ok until I have to make a hairpin curve, LOL Sometimes I did it right and others not so neat.

Ducky 10-07-2009 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon

Hi Ducky, Thank you, yes I did use the machine to satin stitch, I do ok until I have to make a hairpin curve, LOL Sometimes I did it right and others not so neat.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I want to do some satin stitching on the machine, but I was sort of confused as to those sharp corners. I guess it just takes lots of practice.

Well, it looks just amazing.

Bill'sBonBon 10-07-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I want to do some satin stitching on the machine, but I was sort of confused as to those sharp corners. I guess it just takes lots of practice.

Well, it looks just amazing.

Well Ducky thanks Bunches, Actually it really itsn't that hard you just have to go slow sew 2 or 3 stitches turn applique a fraction stitch,turn,and so on. I go over the whole Applique twice. You have to remember to only go slow and sew a couple or 3 stitches depending on what it is,then turn a fraction. Sometimes I got in a hurry and you can't when you are turning like that.

hollyk 10-07-2009 09:44 AM

Absolutly beautiful!!! I just made a similar quilt but my betterfly pattern is slightly different!