Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   buttugly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/buttugly-t6525.html)

Elizabeth A. 04-26-2008 06:37 AM

Miss Treated, I love the way your fabric choices have really developed the fabric, well beyond what it's designer intended I'm sure. I for one am looking forward to seeing what you're creating.

And Barb~ That was just funny about thinking it was hands on a butt! I'm sure your brain was in the gutter from "buttugly" :lol:

MissTreated 04-26-2008 06:47 AM

I'm lovin' the comments. I knew, but the numbers of the people here, and the variety of tastes, there would be some very interesting comments. I gotta say, you haven't disappointed me! :D

M

nanabirdmo 04-26-2008 07:23 AM

hey miss, i like the "hand" material. i think i would use it as the backing on a quilt for a kid. maybe for my 11 yr old granddaughter . she would think it was cool.

jandohall2 04-26-2008 03:46 PM

use it for your backing fabric, add your leftovers from the front and piece the back, I do it all the time. One time I made too many 1/2 sq triangles and used them also in the pc'd back , I've used extra blocks I had, even experimental blocks using different color placements, there is no ugly fabric!
We had an Ugly Fabric challenge in our Quilt Guild this year, every one got a fat quarter of the "ugly fabric" and you'd be surprised what the gals did with it, they all came out beautiful ( we have alot of talented gals in my group) so challenge yourself ,think outside the box, I'm sure it will come out beautiful too! Jan

Lois-nounoe 04-26-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I love the colors you've picked to go with it. But it looks like the hands are madly petting something--I just do not want to know what that something is. :lol: :lol:

DITTO, Barnbum!!!! I don't want to know either!! :lol: :lol:

kd124 04-26-2008 09:04 PM

First thing I thought of was that it could make a very interesting stack and whack--one that make a kaeliscope.

MissTreated 04-27-2008 06:07 PM

I pieced all the blocks this weekend, just have to lay it out and sew them together. Then border. I'll post a picture when I get it layed out.

M

MissTreated 04-27-2008 08:29 PM

A friend stopped by today and I showed her what I have done on the quilt. She said, "Why didn't you just give away that piece of fabric?"

To which I answered, "Because you wouldn't take it!" :D She said she loved all the fabrics I got to go with it, but she wasn't jumpin' on taking the quilt when I was done!! :D

M

Feathers 06-23-2008 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MissTreated
I think I'll be likin' it better when there isn't so much of it. The colors didn't limit me as much as I thought. And my choices of the stuff I got to go with it pleased me. It'll be cool. Your comparison to hands on a pregnant woman's belly is similar to what I was envisioning, I was thinking hands on the back of a sleeping baby.

M

I think your hands fabric would be cute as the backing on a child's quilt. Then you could machine or hand quilt around the hands using them as your quilting pattern.

Bevanger 06-23-2008 08:48 AM

I can't wait to see what you do with it. I can see a couple things I would do with it. In fact I just told a friend to do the same thing in hand embroidery. I would cut a pair of the hands and embroider your kids names with date they were born... My friend is embrodering hers so she's tracing her girls hands..........
Just a thought :?