Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   buttugly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/buttugly-t6525.html)

purplemem 06-23-2008 08:59 AM

Gosh, I really love this fabric. It is very interesting, and could be used so many ways. I would use it in some kind of tree of life, I like the kaleidescope thought, definitely a pink breast cancer survivor quilt.

Wow! I'd be glad to take your ugly fabric.
I'll take your scraps....pls....

MJ

Marcia 06-23-2008 09:02 AM

Interesting--when I first saw the fabric I was thinking a lot of hands in pink rubber gloves (you know the kind you would wear to wash dishes). It is not a fabric that I would have purchased, but then I am pretty darn conservative. I do really like the other fabrics you bought to go with it and am looking forward to seeing what you make out of it.

Minda 06-23-2008 09:03 AM

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Maybe you could put your other projects on hold and get started on this one. :wink: :D

Feathers 06-23-2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I can't wait to see what you do with it. I can see a couple things I would do with it. In fact I just told a friend to do the same thing in hand embroidery. I would cut a pair of the hands and embroider your kids names with date they were born... My friend is embrodering hers so she's tracing her girls hands..........
Just a thought :?

Great idea, Bev.

Barbm 06-23-2008 10:43 AM

butt ugly as a topic caught my attention. I expected to see something really bad. I saw lots of nice fabrics. Now the hands- they aren't ugly, but different. I wouldn't have chosen it either. I would take a pattern that has lots of pieces and make it the smallest piece so you couldn''t tell they were hands.

As for where those hands have been- somebody's butt or a baby, I would hope they washed them first. :)

Now- go find some ugly fabric. I guess, like beauty, ugly is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Barb

(P.S. talk about ugly, hubby and son met the neighbors- they said she has a moustache- dark and full and about 1/2 inch wide- now that's beauty in a whole new way!) Hubby wants to know why I don't have one.

DA Mayer 06-23-2008 11:00 AM

when my kids told me I had one is when I started waxing, I thought of breast cancer right away when i saw the fabric. Just add pink ribbons somewhere.

Barbm 06-23-2008 11:48 AM

I'm a wimp, waxing looks painful. Of course, there might be a few people I might want to wax something for them. he he.

DreamXer 06-23-2008 11:57 AM

The subject caught my eye too.
I didn't think the fabric was ugly at all. ! thought of the song "He's got the whole world in his hands" or "It's a small world" and the hands represent a great big group hug of all cultures and children...
I liked the fabrics you chose to go with it! Very pretty!

sharon b 01-18-2009 08:25 PM

So what did you ever do with the fabric ? Saw this the first time it was posted and just ran across it again.

CissyQuilts 01-18-2009 08:56 PM

I don't think it's ugly. I really like the fabric you chose to go with it. :-)