Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Can't believe I'm so cheap sometimes! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cant-believe-im-so-cheap-sometimes-t223587.html)

SheriR 06-13-2013 08:58 PM

What a great idea! my husband wears dockers everyday and I've been saving his worn out ones for years. Now I have a reason lol. Thanks!

deedum 06-14-2013 03:15 AM

I say it is smart. I think there needs to be more of this, I love to shop thrift stores, recycle what I can, where I can. I sometimes think I am a rare breed til I read post like this. Makes me realize I am not alone. I get a kick out of value for dollar. I like the projects you made. Enjoy the post, thanks

mighty 06-14-2013 06:21 AM

Awesome bag!!!!!!!!

thimblebug6000 06-14-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by SavedByGrace (Post 6120255)
I LOVE the bag! Awesome idea!! I have a blouse that my grandmother gave me shortly before she passed away. I've kept it for years for sentimental reasons. I've been trying to think of something I can make with it while keeping the front of the blouse intact. Ideas?

I made a pillow for my sister using pieces of a blouse her DD had hand stitched for her. Can't find a picture at the moment, but I used the button front as the opening on the pillow & made some plackets etc.

Lilrain 06-14-2013 01:15 PM

That ia great bag, and thank you for the part you are playing in saving our planet

sewmuch 06-14-2013 01:31 PM

That's a great bag for the grocery store, very sturdy, kudos to you for recycling....

ShabbyTabby 06-14-2013 05:40 PM

I LOVE the bag! Awesome idea!! I have a blouse that my grandmother gave me shortly before she passed away. I've kept it for years for sentimental reasons. I've been trying to think of something I can make with it while keeping the front of the blouse intact. Ideas?

Check out Martha Stewart's idea of making home décor pillows out of shirts. You could make one and still keep the front of the blouse intact. The plan is you cut out a square from the front and back of the shirt, leaving the buttons on the front and the placket intact. Sew all around the outside turn right side out, unbutton the buttons and insert pillow form or stuffing. Button back up and there you have it!!!

ShabbyTabby 06-14-2013 05:43 PM

Try making a pillow out of the blouse. Cut a square from the front and back of the shirt just below the shoulders, with right sides facing, sew all the way around. Turn inside out unbutton the front and insert a pillow form or stuffing and there you have a cute pillow with buttons and a placket on the front.

nature lover 06-14-2013 06:51 PM

I think it is wonderful to recycle any way you can!! Love the tote bag, eyeing some my DH's pants right now. Thanks for sharing!! Your pants look really comfy!

Painiacs 06-14-2013 06:57 PM

You are not cheap! I tell ppl I am not cheap I am thrifty!!!!