Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Care to give an opinion? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/care-give-opinion-t108150.html)

purrfectquilts 03-16-2011 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What would you all do with this mixed up quilt top to make it look more coordinated? The corners do not show, but they are a pinwheel block.

Center of quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170598[/ATTACH]

Edge of quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170599[/ATTACH]

MTS 03-16-2011 12:51 PM

I'm guessing Vincent isn't yet of voting age? He's a kid, right?

Because I think it's just perfect for a kid.
Obviously you spent a lot of time looking for fabric that would reflect his hobbies/likes. It's like a supersized I spy quilt. He's going to love showing it off to his friends.

I think it's a riot!! So much fun!!

I'd quilt that ASAP and get it on his bed permanently. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Remember, it's ALL about Vincent.

susie-susie-susie 03-16-2011 12:54 PM

I would bind it with either red of blue to pick up the colors from the center block. It looks like a nice quilt even if it does have a lot going on. I think the bright border will bring it all together. I think Vincent will have a good time finding all the different "favorite things".
Sue

purrfectquilts 03-16-2011 01:02 PM

Here is the scoop: Vincent just turned 4 and his favorite colors are red and blue he tells me. I asked what his favorite things were and got a whole long list (all of which are in the quilt). Then his dad stepped in and wanted parts of his hunting clothes included, etc. Then I was told add some bear and some deer.

The family is completely happy with this top and I am about to send it off to be machine quilted for them.

Personally, I think it may win the vote for the ugliest quilt I have ever made!

When it comes back and I can get a better full shot,it might look better. Most things do after they have been quilted and washed once.

jodimarie 03-16-2011 01:04 PM

OMG.....please LEAVE HIM/HER ALONE!!!!!!!!!! She/he, is just PERFECT for a child named Vincent. Yes, I do think quilts have either a male or female feeling :thumbup:

jodi

Dina 03-16-2011 01:08 PM

I'd bind it in red and be happy. Vincent will be happy, for sure!

MTS 03-16-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Personally, I think it may win the vote for the ugliest quilt I have ever made!

When it comes back and I can get a better full shot,it might look better. Most things do after they have been quilted and washed once.

I'd rather have a shot of Vincent's face when you give him the finished quilt.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I think it's fantastic. How can you not smile when you look at it?

And I'll bet he's still using it when he's in high school..... ;) ;)

I made a monster bed quilt for a 7 year-old. His mother said that he had a parade of kids the first week coming through the house to view his quilt.
Tell me that's not better than a blue ribbon. Really.

purrfectquilts 03-16-2011 01:14 PM

MTS: that is definitely better than a blue ribbon!

Vincent has been asking for this quilt for quite some time, so yes, a picture of his face would be just great. I hope I get to see that too.

Tartan 03-16-2011 01:17 PM

I think it is great! The light coloured fabric in the center is perhaps bothering you? It will look great once something is quilted in that area.

purrfectquilts 03-16-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan
I think it is great! The light coloured fabric in the center is perhaps bothering you? It will look great once something is quilted in that area.

Yes, it did look a bit out of place. The backing is that same fabric. And, I do have lots of fabric left that I could make random blocks and scatter all around the back ... making the quilt reversible.