Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Chemo turbans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/chemo-turbans-t58673.html)

DebbieLynn 08-10-2010 01:40 PM

That is such an awesome thing to do!! I have been looking for a pattern for these. My friend has begun chemo and this would be perfect!!!
Thanks

Debbie

harrishwhippets 08-10-2010 01:43 PM

Wonderful job. These patients can use all the love and understanding they can receive from us.

bigbrownowl 08-10-2010 01:59 PM

Hi there - I have PM'd you for the pattern - my 12-year old god daughter has just started chemo, and this might just be the answer to the cover-up! Thank you in advance.

quiltlady1941 08-10-2010 03:09 PM

Thank you I received the pattern and it looks really easy and not very much fabric.... Thank you so much for sending it, I'm sure all the ladies at the hospital will love them. I'm going to make a bunch and take them up there, I love the little note you put in each bag, you are so special for doing this. Blessings to you, Carol

pgthom 08-10-2010 04:53 PM

To all who have requested this pattern: I have sent out at least 71 copies of this pattern since this started! Yikes! Will take a break from this until tomorrow as I have some sewing I must get done. Too bad I can't sew standing up, as am a little flat from being on the keyboard for hours today.
Sadly, it appears there is a great need for these. We just buried a dear friend last Saturday who ended her 4 yr.battle against Colon CA at age 53. Am doing this in Terri's honor. I think she would be pleased!

JJean 08-10-2010 04:55 PM

You are an angel.

pgthom 08-10-2010 04:58 PM

Quiltlady: Regarding the amount of fabric: You need a piece 14"L x 22"W for the all sizes. If your knit is at least 58" wide, you can get two from that.
I usually buy 1/2 yd. as it is hard to get just 14". Does result in a little waste, but some shrinkage with washing and drying too.
Good luck and have fun making these. Someone will be blessing you. Penny

wvdek 08-10-2010 05:12 PM

Wonderful! Love the look of these. I will PM you my e-mail.
Thank you so much fo rall you are doing. I have had too many realtives with cancer, I think we all have.

Ladies, DO NOT post your e-mail here it is too public and may fall in the wrong hands. Please go to top of page and the last line in the ribbon last window is PRIVATE MESSAGES and post there or go to blue name to left and click on it to post PM.

dlspeed1 08-10-2010 05:46 PM

Very interesting, the work and purpose you do, I pm you, hope it made it there, first time for me, thanks! :)

lindafrichard 08-11-2010 05:28 AM

I read the size you use . and this is perfect for all the FAT QUARTERS i have around....... i also PM'd you with my email and can't wait to get it and make these... i know of many ladies that is going through CHEMO but this is a great gift for the ELDERLY as well... we make lap quilts for several nursing homes in our area and i know many ladies say they are cold .... and really don't have much hair. so this can be a fashion trend. and will ASK our quilting group today about making these as holiday stuffer to add to X-mas baskets to the nursing home.
Thank you again for sharing.... and be looking for the pattern in my email.... when you have time and rested. :thumbup: