Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Chemo turbans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/chemo-turbans-t58673.html)

pgthom 08-09-2010 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are some I made last week for a "shirt tail" relative who is just starting chemo. I love this pattern, have used it many times, and always find the wearer likes it too.
I have it saved in a file and it was a free pattern at my LFS (local fabric shop), so no restrictions on copying or sharing. Quick and easy to make, about 15-20 minutes each. PM me your email if you would like a copy. Seems I know too many friends who have needed these recently! :(

T-shirt knits work best. Stacked MOP buttons.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94767[/ATTACH]

A dark MOP button. I love MOP!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94768[/ATTACH]

Vintage pink plastic button with MOP stacked on top.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94769[/ATTACH]

lilpoohbearie 08-09-2010 07:58 PM

What a wondeful thing to do. I am the same way it seems like every time I answer the phone someone else has been diagnosed with cancer. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and I think this is a wonderful wonderful thing you are doing!!

CherokeeGal 08-09-2010 07:58 PM

Where do you purchase your pretty buttons?

marsha433 08-09-2010 07:59 PM

I would love the pattern for the chemo turbans. I wish I had a pattern for it when my mother needed to wear one. Let me know how this all works as far as address, postage and etc. that is needed. Thanks

pgthom 08-09-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by CherokeeGal
Where do you purchase your pretty buttons?

Oh my, CherokeeGal: I have collected buttons forever. I literally have too many to even think about counting. I sort them by type; mother of pearl, glass, plastic, vegetable ivory, bone, bakelite, etc. They live in hardware cabinet drawers.
I love making jewelry from them, and almost always wear some vintage button jewelry. I tell my DH that sorting buttons is better than Xanax! So relaxing and comforting. LOL!
It is getting harder to find nice bags or jars of buttons for sale. I used to get them all the time, fairly priced. Now people want over $10. for a jarful, when half are not anything I am interested in. I have gotten very selective in my purchasing. Told DH, if anything happens to me, don't just throw these away!

pgthom 08-09-2010 08:13 PM

Marsha433: If you pm me your email address, I will send it as an attachment. No cost and you can print it out yourself. Its three pages, only 3 pieces to cut, and easy to sew.

MarjaMT 08-09-2010 08:26 PM

I pm you.....Thanks they are darling......My daughter works at the Cancer Center.....I will make some and have her give to ones that would like one.....Great job you did.....Your a special angel.

kapatt 08-09-2010 08:32 PM

Those are really nice. :thumbup:
What is the best type of material to use to make them? (whoops...I just saw the note above one of the pictures that t-shirt knits worked best.)
I hope you don't mind, but I PMed you to asking for the pattern.

nlgh 08-09-2010 08:40 PM

I PM'd you. Those are really cute and stylish.

Sheila Elaine 08-09-2010 08:42 PM

Those are great.