Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   ChristmasSocksForSoldiersProjectBOM91508??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmassocksforsoldiersprojectbom91508-t10855.html)

Feathers 09-03-2008 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the Socks I made for the soldiers. Completed socks can be sent to:

C. Pool
Stockign Coordinator
Operation Santa USMC 2008
2753 43rd Ave. SE
Albany, OR 97322

Thank you all!
Feathers

My Christmas Socks For Military
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64650[/ATTACH]

beachlady 09-03-2008 10:29 AM

Those are so cute. Thanks for posting. Where would you send the stockings?

Feathers 09-03-2008 10:58 AM

Hi Beachlady:
I just checked with the website for www.marinecorpsfamilyfoundation.org and got all the info. If you'll go to that site it'll give you the info about where to send the socks. Feathers

beachlady 09-03-2008 11:09 AM

Thank you feathers.

Feathers 09-03-2008 12:13 PM

Hi Beachlady:
If you go to the website address www.marinecorpsfamilyfoundation.org there are addresses to send the socks in different areas of the US. You can pick which place you choose to send you socks...close to home or across the country. It's up to you. The deadline to have the socks to the contact person in the area you are sending your socks is OCTOBER 15th. As long as one of these address' get your socks by the 15th of October you can rest assured the soldiers will have them in their hot little hands by Christmas. As you can see from the webpage, you can choose to fill the socks yourself for just send the socks. If you choose to fill the sock, please put the items in a ziplock plastic bag NOT IN THE SOCKS. The soldiers DO NOT NEED things like mouthwash, shampoo, toothpaste. WHAT THEY WANT are things they can grab and eat on the run like jerky, individually wrapped candy - not chocolate as it's hot and chocolate melts, hard candy, licorice, individually wrapped cookies, granola bars, they love homemade cookies but again they need things they can grab and run with and something that won't crumble all over them...rice krispy treats are a good choice or bar cookies like rice krispy treats. Gum, Tic Tacs, Menthos, Altoids, Bit of Honey candy, are all good choices. This info came directly from my nephew who has been in Iraq for 2 tours of duty. He told me he never got a Christmas sock but knows he would have loved getting one. He also said lots of the guys shared their "goodies" with little kids on the streets who were hungry, dirty and some were even homeless. He said he always carried something in his pocket to give a child when he saw them. That made me cry.

Feathers 09-03-2008 06:08 PM

I hope everyone who makes Christmas Socks for the soldiers will post pictures of them so we can all see the love and caring we are shipping off to our young men and women who are far from home and family.

foxgait2 09-03-2008 08:12 PM

Oh how cute and I know they will be appreciated. What a wonderful thing you are doing.

reneebobby 09-04-2008 02:39 AM

Those are really cute.

signitwright 09-04-2008 04:15 AM

I am in :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks

sewbeeit42 09-04-2008 09:30 AM

To whom do you give the donated socks when completed? If you have an address and a date by which they need to be completed, I might be able to make and send some. I must have missed the original post on this subject.