Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Class with Margaret Miller (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/class-margaret-miller-t49430.html)

dsb38327 06-13-2010 05:11 AM

Good for you! I am so glad you got to go and learn this. I like your blocks too. Isn't it fun to learn?/Regards, Dorothy

clem55 06-13-2010 05:21 AM

I'm wondering. When you take a class like that, is it then okay for you to post on here what you learned? I mean, to do a little turtorial? I understand about designs or patterns that are printed ( copyright) but I learned to sew from a teacher,(highschool) and we had books that showed how -to pictures and printed instructions. Does that mean that I can never teach another person those same methods, even if it means sketching out illustrations or printing out my directions for them? If you arent using said book and copying word for word, just doing what you remember of the instructions, why wouldn't that be allowed? Isn"t this how we all teach others?

Bevanger 06-13-2010 05:22 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing. They are all very pretty :-D

CarrieAnne 06-13-2010 05:22 AM

Aw, PRETTY! Bet that was a fun class!

GrammaNancy 06-13-2010 05:38 AM

Those are really great blocks. Love the colorfullness on them. I think I need to find a class.....
Are they paper pieced???

Lori L 06-13-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
awesome, thanks for sharing

I was wondering where we can buy the fabric with grid that they used on the design wall???

My husband put up a wall for me to use made from sheets of plywood, covered with eggcrate bedpadding (wrong side out) and covered with a flannel sheet. It was perfect already but I found the grid at JFS and now it really is even more helpful. Price was about $19 and it's the size of a full size quilt. You easily could purchase 2 and adapt it to make it bigger. I really do love mine. And I love some of the quilts pictured here! My "Hope to Do List" is getting longer and longer and longer. HaHa

sewjoyce 06-13-2010 06:36 AM

Julie, I love your blocks!! Don't see a thing wrong with them! And I'd love to take that class -- looks like everyone had a fantastic time! :D

brushandthimble 06-13-2010 06:42 AM

awesome class! love your block colors, lime green is one of my favorite colors (next to red) hum, never thought to try the two together.
I will be putting the teacher on my wish list.

quiltinggrandmaca 06-13-2010 07:40 AM

Those quilts are amazing.

UglyCook 06-13-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
I'm wondering. When you take a class like that, is it then okay for you to post on here what you learned? I mean, to do a little turtorial? I understand about designs or patterns that are printed ( copyright) but I learned to sew from a teacher,(highschool) and we had books that showed how -to pictures and printed instructions. Does that mean that I can never teach another person those same methods, even if it means sketching out illustrations or printing out my directions for them? If you arent using said book and copying word for word, just doing what you remember of the instructions, why wouldn't that be allowed? Isn"t this how we all teach others?

This was a packed, very fast-paced class, way too much for a tutorial here, sorry. Plus, Margaret does this to make money, I'm sure.