Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Cleaned my sewing room! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cleaned-my-sewing-room-t36916.html)

quiltnut4ever 02-15-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Jelly rolls? Hmm--what are they? I've never purchased one. Are they strips?? I cut all those babies. :wink: I've purchased a few fat quarters, but stick to yardage 98% of the time. The one empty rung will be filled soon--I have a few more to cut up for another floral log cabin.

Sorry they looked like jelly rolls, strips that are cut into 2 1/2 strips but good job though! Still love the room!

Shibori 02-15-2010 06:17 PM

I love how you have the strips on ladders but I have a cat that would think they were the funnest toys and you put it up just for him.

STEMSAM 02-15-2010 11:40 PM

This room is so nice. Love how you put your fabrics to-
gether. Good luck with all your projects. When buying
Fabrics how my yards do you purchase when there is no
project in mine. I am very new to quilting but love to
purchase fabric. Your room gave me some very good
ideals for my office/quilting room.

Lneal 02-16-2010 02:31 AM

Wow! This must be the room of a seasoned quilter. Now I would love to see some of the quilts you produce. You are so organized barbum.

barnbum 02-16-2010 03:29 AM

Now I would love to see some of the quilts you produce.
Oh goodness... I've posted many. If you click on my name you can seem posts--you just have to weed out the horse ones. :wink: Or you can see many of them on my website--address is in my signature.

When buying
Fabrics how my yards do you purchase when there is no
project in mine. I am very new to quilting but love to
purchase fabric.
Purchasing the fabric is so much fun!! I've never purchased too much at a time. I was shocked to learn folks buy a whole bolt. (Neat idea!) With no particular plans I've purchased three yards before. If I know it's for the back of baby quilts--I recently bought four yards of a super cute flannel. No more fabric gets purchased now unless I know exactly what it's for. Just last night I used up nearly all of some solid red...and I might have to grab more to finish a project...but I'll just get a half yard.

Deecee 02-16-2010 03:57 AM

I'm drooling over all that stash and great idea for the ladders. We use 2 ladders at work to display linens - I wonder if anyone would notice if I borrowed them?

Can't wait to see finished pic of project on ironing board.

barnbum 02-16-2010 05:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the horse things in there--one is behind the closet door, so it didn't show in the photos, and the other is a picture I've had for 21 years--horses with a quote from Walt Whitman--one of my favorite writers. It starts "I think I could turn and live with animals...." I just love that... the combination of the photo and the words.

The picture came down for a day because the ladder was going where it was, but I took out a hall tree and put the ladder where it was. Then the screws were borrowed from that place to put up the thread rack...so I need another nail. :lol:

sandpat 02-16-2010 05:53 AM

Karla, I have a running iron horse very similar to yours. Mine is very heavy and mounted on an ugly wooden board...my DH inheritted it from a great aunt...type of person who knew he loved horses. It must be hung with toggles and I don't have room for it in the house right now...but I still like it.

I really really like the picture of the 2 horses... I love the poem by Walt Whitman. It does sound just like you actually!

barnbum 02-16-2010 05:56 AM

My running horse is made of wood--it's very light.

That's neat you think the poem sounds like me!! Thank you!! :-D

Vet comes between 10-10:30 for Tucker's gelding...

But I'm way off topic. :roll:

sandpat 02-16-2010 06:03 AM

We'll be thinking of you and your little boy.. :D