Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A couple of my Quilts and the Machines that Sewed them (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/couple-my-quilts-machines-sewed-them-t26906.html)

Tippy 10-11-2009 08:06 PM

I love your quilts Billy.... and the machines that made them.. excellent work!!!

jacquemoe 10-11-2009 08:14 PM

I love the colors of the first quilt and a very interesting pattern. Your second quilt is just great too. I like that pattern as well. Excellent piecing.

joeyoz 10-11-2009 08:38 PM

Very pretty. :D :D

Lostn51 10-11-2009 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
I love the colors of the first quilt and a very interesting pattern. Your second quilt is just great too. I like that pattern as well. Excellent piecing.

The piecing an the second one could use some help. The points are not a perfect fit, at least when I was mating the strips of blocks together. But a real sweet friend of mine told me about a trick she uses to make sure everything lines up right and the points are perfect.......Starch and a lot of it!

I am starting another quilt for my nephew and I am starching the snot out of the material and oh it cuts so easily, and the blocks are matching perfectly. You can take a 4" square and stand it on end and it wont lay over just like she told me and it makes life a lot easier when piecing the blocks.

But I am just now getting into the quilting part of it and I love it!! One day I might get the hang of it but for now I am on one heck of a learning curve.

Billy

sewnsewer2 10-11-2009 09:21 PM

Great job! Looks like you have been quilting a long time.

pocoellie 10-12-2009 04:04 AM

Great looking quilts along with great looking machines. I have 2 old Singers from the 30's, along with a couple of others. One of these days, I'll get the cabinets refinished along with the machines.

Bevanger 10-12-2009 04:19 AM

Oh my. Your quilts are great. And look at your sewing machines..... SEW WAY COOL :D

Lostn51 10-12-2009 02:01 PM

You want to know something really funny about those two machines.......I have less than $50 in both of them!

The universal I bought with a solid maple cabinet for $20 and the Kenmore was $25 in a portable case.

The Kenmore is in the Universals maple cabinet that I cut the opening out a little for.

Billy

sewjoyce 10-12-2009 02:20 PM

Wow, Billy -- you're doing great!!!! And you said you were a beginner??

And I love both of those machines! :D

pookie ookie 10-12-2009 02:50 PM

Great job on #'s 2-3. Can't wait to see more.

I love that Pearl finish. Love it. How's she sew? Who manufactured her for Kenmore? Of course, I can look this up for myself. Think I will. I'm fascinated.

My De Luxe Rotary is like a black abyss. Bad for the eyes. It's a sexy beast though. Almost worth filling the house with Klieg lights or moving into a lighthouse with a Fresnel lens to sew by. Terribly sexy.