Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A couple Quilts I finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/couple-quilts-i-finished-t29290.html)

NorBanaquilts 12-04-2009 01:10 PM

Wow, those are both great. Love the little dresses

Esqmommy 12-04-2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by pumpkin
What is the name of the pattern? What book did you get it from? I have a black and white challenge for my guild and this would be a perfect thing to do. Thanks, it is beautiful. Pumpkin

Are you talking about the NY Beauty? It's from Karen Stone's book, which is out of print and not so easy to find. It's called New York Beauty (that's the title of the book). It's a paperback sort of quilting book. Actually, I just looked it up online and here's link to her website, or at least one that has her books. It's the last one, and is $18. Has all the patterns that you just copy onto whatever paper piecing paper you want to use (I like velum).

Have fun, and be sure to post a picutre

Esqmommy 12-04-2009 08:17 PM

And thanks everyone for saying such nice things. I'm actually, for once, really happy with them. I really hated the black/white while it was in process, and the only thing that kept me working on it was I trusted my teacher (she told me it would be worth it in the end), and my dear sweet MIL had commented when it was at the early stages that she really loved it. So, I knew it would be for her, despite my dislike for it. Well, I changed my mind when it was done. I will say I'm not likely to try to make another b/w again for some time!

sharon b 12-04-2009 10:12 PM

Those are awesome :mrgreen: I like the way you backed the B/W one... I wasn't expecting that , but love the way the color just pops :lol:

Eddie 12-04-2009 10:21 PM

Wow, both are just beautiful. You did a great job on them!

tarbender30 12-05-2009 05:20 AM

Where did you get that pattern for the dress quilt?????
Would you mind sharing the pattern????
Thanxs
Bev

DA Mayer 12-05-2009 05:56 AM

I didn't read the whole thread so I may have missed this part but did you do the quilting yourself, it is so beautiful.. The quilts are great also.

deedles215 12-05-2009 06:46 AM

Those are beautiful! The fabrics and colors are awesome... Ah! So jealous of the talent...

Esqmommy 12-05-2009 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarbender30
Where did you get that pattern for the dress quilt?????
Would you mind sharing the pattern????
Thanxs
Bev

It was from a class I took. I believe the pattern was taken from a book, and it's not one of those that's for sale, so I think it would be okay to copy it and mail it to you. If anyone has any other opinions on this, speak out. If you pm me, I'd be glad to copy it and mail it to you. Unless it's wrong, and I'm sure I'll hear pretty quickly if anyone thinks so!

Mountainquilter 12-05-2009 07:35 AM

I just love your black and whilte quilt.