Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Cutting table pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cutting-table-pictures-t12789.html)

Minda 11-01-2008 12:44 PM

My hubby is remodeling a sewing room for me but I'm not sure how I want him to build my cutting table. I'm sure some of you have come up with great ideas for cutting tables. Would you please post pictures to help me decide? Thanks. :D

Janstar 11-01-2008 01:19 PM

I just have a plastic table that has the taller legs for cutting ease. It's 6"l. x2 1/2" w. The legs are adjustable. I got it at Costco for $39.00. Works really good for my back.

julie 11-01-2008 03:49 PM

I don't have a picture, but my cutting table is counter height with a Formica top, and cabinets underneath. It's like a kitchen island in that I can walk around it. One long edge is rounded, and the opposite is squared off. I marked 12" lines on that side to use for some measuring. I love it. The top is 62" long, has room for my cutting mat, with space left for fabric, rotary cutter, etc.

2 Doods 11-01-2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by julie
I don't have a picture, but my cutting table is counter height with a Formica top, and cabinets underneath. It's like a kitchen island in that I can walk around it. One long edge is rounded, and the opposite is squared off. I marked 12" lines on that side to use for some measuring. I love it. The top is 62" long, has room for my cutting mat, with space left for fabric, rotary cutter, etc.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Mine is an old desk. It is OK. Could (and probably Should) be higher for my back. I have a friend that uses the plastic Costco table like Janstar. Only I don't think the legs are adjustable because her DH fixed leg extenders with PVC pipe. Made a little frame that the legs of the table fit into. Nice height for standing.

Marcia 11-01-2008 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Minda--I hope this helps. My husband went to Home Depot and bought unfinished kitchen base cabinets (you can get all drawers or a cabinet and a drawer). He bought 4 with all drawers. We put them together in pairs and then backed them up to each other and put a countertop on them. I had the countertop extended so that I could sit to it too. Mine is 4 feet wide and 6 feet long--but the great thing about it is that you can make it any size you want----whatever fits your room and suits your needs.

Janstar 11-01-2008 05:38 PM

Nice table and room Marcia!

ceannastahr 11-01-2008 06:30 PM

I love what your DH did Marcia. I have an old heavy wood kitchen table. its 30x65 I put sliders under the legs so I can move it around in my sewing room. Seeing its so crowded

JANW 11-01-2008 07:30 PM

Cool Marcia

retrogirl02 11-01-2008 07:53 PM

OOOOH Marcia, I'm wishing I had a tiny bit more space right now. That's awesome.

retrogirl02 11-01-2008 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my little space. It's 2 higher than standard cabinets for comfort standing and has a long counter on it....second half of the counter is DH's play space...it's only right since I have the rest of the room and we "share it" LOL.
He's tall so it works out well for us. I have kid's play foam at my feet so it's comfy standing for long periods but I also have a bar stool if I'll be there a while.