Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dear Jane (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dear-jane-t17547.html)

Butterflyspain 03-17-2009 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Whoa...I hope to kiss a duck this is a work of love...how big (tiny) are each of those blocks. Wow, I'm impressed. It's lovely.

Feathers I think they are about 6" I know they are not very big. Isnīt it just gorgeous though, but loads of work.

Elle

Riley 03-17-2009 08:25 AM

Correction on size, please, if you don't mind me doing so?

The blocks are trimmed to 5 inches, 4 1/2 inch finished block.I did not trim mine because they were hand pieced.

The first few blocks eat your lunch, if you've never done small blocks before (I hadn't ) After that first few, they are like any other block.

Riley

Butterflyspain 03-17-2009 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Correction on size, please, if you don't mind me doing so?

The blocks are trimmed to 5 inches, 4 1/2 inch finished block.I did not trim mine because they were hand pieced.

The first few blocks eat your lunch, if you've never done small blocks before (I hadn't ) After that first few, they are like any other block.

Riley

Thanks Riley :D :D :D

Elle

patricej 03-17-2009 12:41 PM

your friend has remarkable talent, patience, and stick-to-itness. if i started today i might get that done in 60 years. :lol:

JCL in FL 03-18-2009 07:54 AM

WOW It would take me 100 years. And I hand quilt but I don't know if I could do that one. It's beautiful.

Margie 03-18-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
A dear friend of mine who is a quilting inspiration to me recently finished her Dear Jane quilt top. It is so gorgeous I just had to share it with you all. It took her 6 years from beginning to end. She is sending it to a woman to hand quilt for her.

Hate to sound dumb....what is a "dear jane" quilt?

Margie

froggy 03-18-2009 11:56 PM

all I can say is WOW froggy

Quilt4u 03-19-2009 01:31 AM

Wow!!!

k3n 03-19-2009 01:39 AM

Don't know how i missed this - it's stunning! We're doing a Dear Jane at quilt group but blocks enlarged to 6" and less of them - I think this is a shame, personally and would have liked to stay true to the original but wasn't my decsision!! Any way, even scaled up, some of those blocks are real booogers!! I'd love to make one for myself one day but don't think I've got the 'stick-to-it-ness'! (Patrice!)

K x

Butterflyspain 03-19-2009 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Don't know how i missed this - it's stunning! We're doing a Dear Jane at quilt group but blocks enlarged to 6" and less of them - I think this is a shame, personally and would have liked to stay true to the original but wasn't my decsision!! Any way, even scaled up, some of those blocks are real booogers!! I'd love to make one for myself one day but don't think I've got the 'stick-to-it-ness'! (Patrice!)

K x

Iīve looked at those too, the ones others make are called Baby Janes, They look extremely testing. There must be over 100 different blocks in it. Do you know how many there are?