Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   DGD's 4-H project done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dgds-4-h-project-done-t182680.html)

aborning 03-14-2012 05:09 AM

Very impressive. It looks very creative and much more creative than what a lot of adults could do. Hopefully it will do well at the fair. She looks like she is in Senior High. I wish my diaghter (who is a Senior) would take an interest in sewing. I feel doubtful about it since when I was in Seniour High, I was sewing alot of garments already 'cause I loved sewing. I'm also curious--what kind of swing machine is she using that is in the picture? Looks like it is a Bernina but if it is a diffeeent brand, I would like to know what brand it is. I am looking for a less expensive machine to take to classes (I don't like lugging around my expensive Bernina 440QE) but all the Berninas are kind of expensive and looking for a less expensive machine. I have a Vikign also but it is also heavy to take along. Thanks for the info.

grannyoquilting 03-14-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by aborning (Post 5059052)
Very impressive. It looks very creative and much more creative than what a lot of adults could do. Hopefully it will do well at the fair. She looks like she is in Senior High. I wish my diaghter (who is a Senior) would take an interest in sewing. I feel doubtful about it since when I was in Seniour High, I was sewing alot of garments already 'cause I loved sewing. I'm also curious--what kind of swing machine is she using that is in the picture? Looks like it is a Bernina but if it is a diffeeent brand, I would like to know what brand it is. I am looking for a less expensive machine to take to classes (I don't like lugging around my expensive Bernina 440QE) but all the Berninas are kind of expensive and looking for a less expensive machine. I have a Vikign also but it is also heavy to take along. Thanks for the info.

You are so right. It is a Bernina artista 180. It is my older machine that I travel with. I leave my 440 QE at home. She was in heaven to get to sew on that machine with all it's bells and whistles. I take great care of my machines as you say they are expensive. They are worth it when you go to quild meetings, as you can sew so well. I have friends who have gotten featherweights and love taking them as they sew beautifully. I guess you just have to find the right one for you to take. Thanks for the comments on my DGD, yes she is busy but she loves what she is doing.

grannyoquilting 03-14-2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by laceybritt (Post 5057102)
Beautiful and so is she!!! Where did you find the large applique designs??

It is a Willow Bend pattern. She has really great patterns to choose from.

Rose Burnett 03-14-2012 06:28 PM

It is wonderful she started quilting so young. She is lovely and quite talented. She will win all the awards in quilting.

G'ma Kay 03-15-2012 05:34 PM

Great job! I also love the inspector in the background!

RedGarnet222 03-15-2012 05:42 PM

Great job on this! I know she must be proud.

margee 03-17-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5057654)
WoW!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditto. Thanks for the closeups.