Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Diaper and wipe holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/diaper-wipe-holder-t47344.html)

dljennings 05-29-2010 09:36 AM

i made a couple bibs & used the fabric clue to hold the velco on...worked great & still on after many washings...

just don't leave the velco clasped together when you do that... they need to be apart....

i had to throw out the first bib, cause i glued it together!

just showed it to ddil, she said "great, now that he's finally potty trained someone comes up with just what i needed!"

Rettie V. Grama 05-29-2010 11:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Janice

Here are 2 pictures of the tissue holder.
Plus a picture of a squirrel looking up at a bird feeder. I call him "Stealer."

Facial Tissue holder with unopened tissue pack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75501[/ATTACH]

Facial Tissue holder with "peeking out" tissue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75502[/ATTACH]

"Stealer" wants to eat the Bird feed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75503[/ATTACH]

Rettie V. Grama 05-29-2010 11:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Virginia
I have never made a Diaper and Wipe Holder but I do make facial tissue holders. They are made with double fabric with a slit in the middle after sewing and turning. With tissue sell for $1.00 without $.50.

Here are 2 pictures of the Facial Tissue Holder. Plus one of my "Stealer"

To Make:

Cut a strip of fabric Appx 12 inches long, fold in half lengthwise, close the open end of the strip and one side, turn right side out. You will have a double strip Appx 6 inches long. Ford strip in the middle of the length of the strip, press for a crease, then bring each end of the strip up to the crease. You will need to pin each one so it won't slip. After this process is finished, take zig-zag across the unfinished end. Make sure both end of zig-zag are tied. Turn until zig-zag end is inside the holder. Finished, ready for tissue. If you make several strips while watching TV the night before, you can make many in 2 hours the next day.

Facial Tissue holder with un-opened packet of tissue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75508[/ATTACH]

Tissue Holder with opened packet of tissue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75509[/ATTACH]

"Stealer"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75510[/ATTACH]

Rettie V. Grama 05-29-2010 11:30 AM

I have never made a Diaper and Wipe Holder but I do make facial tissue holders. They are made with double fabric with a slit in the middle after sewing and turning. With tissue sell for $1.00 without $.50.

Here are 2 pictures of the Facial Tissue Holder. Plus one of my "Stealer"

To Make: Oops! Forgot to tell you the width of the strip. It is 6 inches wide. (1/2 inch allow for seams)

Cut a strip of fabric Appx 12 inches long, fold in half lengthwise, close the open end of the strip and one side, turn right side out. You will have a double strip Appx 6 inches long. Ford strip in the middle of the length of the strip, press for a crease, then bring each end of the strip up to the crease. You will need to pin each one so it won't slip. After this process is finished, take zig-zag across the unfinished end. Make sure both end of zig-zag are tied. Turn until zig-zag end is inside the holder. Finished, ready for tissue. If you make several strips while watching TV the night before, you can make many in 2 hours the next day.

janice4 05-29-2010 12:22 PM

cool;)>>

penski 05-29-2010 07:58 PM

thats a neat idea !!! i bet those would sell at a craft show

Annz 05-29-2010 08:24 PM

very nice. Yes the sew through kind of velcro will hold up nicely

GladGrams 05-30-2010 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by janice4

Originally Posted by magnolia
This is very cool. Did you use a pattern to make it? Or design it on your own?

No pattern just figure4d it out and made it.

Would you be willing to share the dimensions and how you did it? This would be a great little tutorial.

janice4 05-30-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by penski
thats a neat idea !!! i bet those would sell at a craft show

Maybe so ..........but not by me ...........I SO do not sit at a booth all day hoping to sell a few items.. not mY cup of tea I can't sit still long enough :)

janice4 05-30-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by GladGrams

Originally Posted by janice4

Originally Posted by magnolia
This is very cool. Did you use a pattern to make it? Or design it on your own?

No pattern just figure4d it out and made it.

Would you be willing to share the dimensions and how you did it? This would be a great little tutorial.

I would .. but would have to put that together as I revised as I went along. today I need to make another one.. so perhaps I can actually write down what I do.