Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you want to see some progress?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-want-see-some-progress-t4544.html)

Lucky Patsy's 02-14-2008 12:37 PM

That is gorgeous, girl! I am impressed!

triciasquilts 02-14-2008 12:40 PM

What a beautiful quilt and its in my favorite color--pink!!! And your quilting looks great.

Chele 02-14-2008 12:40 PM

Gorgeous first quilt! :shock: Your machine quilting is coming along beautifully! Keep going! Make more! :D

Tiffany 02-14-2008 02:02 PM

This is your first quilt!?! :shock: Well that is a bit intimidating. You do amazing work and it is quite stunning.

Micro basting gun...when you get it, try it out first on something that is basically a practice piece or doesn't matter. I discovered I hated the basting gun. It leaves holes in the fabric that I am simply unwilling to accept. I thought I'd give you a heads up. I can't imagine your beatiful quilt with lots of little holes. :( I hope it works better for you than it did for me.
~Tiffany

sandpat 02-14-2008 03:18 PM

WOW :shock: What a gorgeous quilt! Your free motion quilting amazes me...you are very talented. I'm still learning and am nowhere near where you are now. What kind of machine do you use? I'm curious...your stitches look beautiful.

I tried a basting gun also...got the same result as Tiffany...be careful..maybe yours will have smaller ties thingies so the hole won't be very large. Also...mine shifted after I had it basted. Good luck with that great quilt...its a stunner!

Belinda 02-14-2008 03:44 PM

This is your FIRST quilt????? My, my, my, you my dear are so talented. I can not imagine trying this one first. I am so impressed. Can't wait to see your future projects. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

barnbum 02-14-2008 04:35 PM

Your fffffffirst quilt? :shock: It's beyond unbelievable. You are terrific. I bow to you. :D

jbsstrawberry 02-14-2008 05:17 PM

I think I'm speechless...all I can really say is WOW!! :shock: :thumbup:

Izy 02-14-2008 06:13 PM

Thanks for your concern, but previous to using it, I had done alot of research on the web, and I saw that there was mixed reviews, some hating it and others loving it, but then I discovered the 'microstitch' - this version is ultra small the tacks are so small you can hardly see them. A fellow member of my group brought one back from the U.K. and so I could actually see how good this version is. I have already used it and after abit of practice like you suggest decided it was safe to use. I had a couple of misfires, but believe it was down to me just getting used to it. I will take a photo of the pins close up so you can see.

Lois-nounoe 02-14-2008 06:28 PM

Great quilt! The free motion quilting is fabulous! I've not yet got the nerve up to do the machine quilting yet. Really want to cause I know it is a lot faster! Is the walking foot for only straight lines or can you use it for border designs (like curves and such) also? I have a walking foot I got at a second hand store but haven't tried it yet.