Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Easy way to hang your quilt for photo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/easy-way-hang-your-quilt-photo-t69053.html)

LETIA 10-08-2010 12:00 PM

j'aime beaucoup, il est très drole

J like very much, It is funny

Beffy_Boo 10-08-2010 12:39 PM

Thanks for the hanging tip. You're a genius!
Love the quilt. I have a small flock of sheep and that just captures a happy little lamb. Great work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
(sorry, can't help with the value estimate :cry: )

MaryAnna 10-08-2010 12:41 PM

Great idea and cute quilt! I'm not good with figuring out how much a quilt is worth, I always say "it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it!".
Blessings,
MaryAnna

karenm36 10-08-2010 12:48 PM

Cute, cute quilt!! I have the same material you used in the border...I used it to make a "softie" doll. Regarding what to charge? Don't know the answer but this I have figured out... if you were to charge depending on the hours put into it...most likely few could afford to pay you what it's really worth. Therefore it's my belief that quilts are a labor of love. It seems that what one receives in the joy of making it is what motivates most quilters. I've looked at other quilting sites and even etsy.com to see what people are charging for quilts and so that might be a place to look to get an idea.

jljack 10-08-2010 01:46 PM

An easy way to figure price for your work is to double the price of the materials. A professional quilter would not price it that low, but for us who sell to friends and put a value on for charities, that is a simple way. Be sure to count thread, needles and any other notions used, too.

That chenille body has me mystified...how did you do that? Cute quilt!!

ccb2200 10-08-2010 02:22 PM

Great idea. Never thought of that. Love the quilt.

boohoofish 10-08-2010 03:32 PM

This is soooooooooooooooooo cute. love it.

jeanequilts 10-08-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
An easy way to figure price for your work is to double the price of the materials. A professional quilter would not price it that low, but for us who sell to friends and put a value on for charities, that is a simple way. Be sure to count thread, needles and any other notions used, too.

That chenille body has me mystified...how did you do that? Cute quilt!!

You sew 5 layers of flannel together in the spiral shapes, and then cut between the seams the top 4 layers (leave the bottom layer) then you rag it like you would a rag quilt. Throw it in the wash and dry it and it fluff's up. (A little labor intensive, cutting all that ragging!)
Thanks for the idea of doubling the price of materials!

sewgull 10-08-2010 04:22 PM

Love the quilt and the idea of hanging it in a doorway.
Tripe cost of materials than add cost of materials for a selling price.

bjnicholson 10-08-2010 04:24 PM

Darling quilt and nice work! I like your hangers