Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Endless Chain Quilt Finished and Gifted! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/endless-chain-quilt-finished-gifted-t315013.html)

RuthiesRetreat3 04-08-2021 06:12 AM

That's gorgeous~ It doesn't look simple but I'd love to try it.

peaceandjoy 04-08-2021 06:20 AM

Your use of fabrics and color is gorgeous - and the quilting!! Wow, amazing!

juliasb 04-08-2021 06:40 AM

This quilt is so so pretty. I love the treble and bass clefs they add a very special element to the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Sephie 04-08-2021 08:20 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate it!

I know many of you love the piecing part but honestly, the quilting part is my favorite part! Unfortunately, by the time I get there, I'm usually so tired of working on the project that all my grand plans to execute a great design are usually stifled by the pressure to finish. I made myself double down and work extra hard to finish this one in time and I'm glad I did!

Originally Posted by copycat (Post 8474183)
Any advice on what kind of paper you used to paper piece?

I used 8.5 x 11in newsprint. You can buy this by the ream and it generally runs through my Brother laser printer just fine if I don't try to do too many sheets, it's the only paper in the tray, and I set the software setting to something like "recycled paper" instead of regular copy paper so it feeds a little better. Once in awhile it gets jammed but it wasn't too terrible. When I bought it a few years ago, I was able to get it for about $4 per ream but it seems to be a little more expensive now. Still cheaper than the foundation paper piecing paper they market to quilters Here's a link to what I have:

Newsprint on Amazon

A couple things I learned about this pattern: the centers of the blocks are quite bulky. Pressing open was definitely the way to go when joining blocks and it was still kind of a hard lump so I avoided quilting directly over those joins. Some of the other joins were also still kind of bulky so just be careful if you're quilting directly over them.

I mark with Crayola Ultra Clean Washable Markers and every mark washed out perfectly. I traced the clef designs because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep them consistent without marking them but I only marked reference dots for all the dot to dot quilting. I didn't mark the words and perhaps I should have because my spacing wasn't always awesome.

sewbizgirl 04-08-2021 12:53 PM

What a beautiful quilt!

jillmc 04-08-2021 03:09 PM

Such a sweet gift from the heart! Love everything about your quilt.

sewingsuz 04-08-2021 06:13 PM

Very pretty and you did an awesome job and your quilting is great.

kristijoy 04-08-2021 07:19 PM

This is so beautiful!!! I love the gradation of colors you created across the quilt. And the quilting is marvelous with the musical notation. What a special gift!

MicheleC 04-10-2021 07:10 AM

That’s a beauty! I love your colors and quilting.

kalady 04-12-2021 03:51 AM

It is a work of art and love. I gave away a quilt I loved too and it hurts a little until you see the response and know you did the right thing!