Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Experiment to see if I can get a picture togo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/experiment-see-if-i-can-get-picture-togo-t1449.html)

sarah222 07-16-2007 04:23 PM

great job jane . simply beautiful

k_jupiter 07-16-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jane Sisk
I am so hooked that my head is just swirling with ideas for more quilts. Trouble is I am running out of kids and grandkids.''

Jane Sisk
Tucson, AZ

GRANDMA!

tim in san jose

DebJ 07-16-2007 05:55 PM

:shock: Wow 8 in such a short time, now I know I am programed for SLOW. I have been seriously (I thought) working on a large lap quilt this year and still haven't finished. Yes, I was interupted for a short while I finished another top I turned into a lap quilt for a grad gift. I guess though since I have pets and Dad to feed that does make a little difference. Thanks for sharing you lovely picture. Beautiful work. Wish we could have seen the others too! I guess you know there isn't a cure for the quilting bug, not that any of us would want to be any way. Right all.

Jane Sisk 07-16-2007 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for your kind words. I am disabled so don't get out much, live in an apartment so no yard work and not much house work or cooking for just me. I am a very early riser (4:00 am) so have to have quiet things to do until everyone else in the building is stirring. I am going to try and post some of the others when I get this picture thing all figured out. I thing getting the other one on was an accident, hasn't worked since. I keep a log on the computer of all my work so I can go back and look at it since they have all left the house as soon as the last stitch is in. If this works this is the first quilt I made, queen size for myself.

Jane Sisk
Tucson, AZ

bettyt 07-16-2007 07:16 PM

Jane, That is beautiful!!
Your doing a great job.
Keep it up . It great to have something we enjoy doing
betty

Jane Sisk 07-16-2007 07:26 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I love every minute from cutting to piecing and then the calming effect of sitting and quilting. I live alone and am disabled (age 65), I started in January of this year and have not stopped since nor do I intend to, so much fabric, so little time!!!

I always make my quilts whether they be twin, queen or king large enough to use as comfortors and make matching shams.

Jane Sisk
Tucson, AZ

ceannastahr 07-16-2007 10:29 PM

both quilts are absoultly beauitful. You do wonderful work. Looking forward to see more.

Cathe 07-17-2007 10:48 AM

That is a very pretty quilt!!! I think I have some of that batik. That's one advantage of shopping at Walmart. When I have cleaned out my own store, I can call a girlfriend in another state to have her pick some up at her store and mail it to me! :mrgreen:

sarah222 07-17-2007 10:56 AM

jane this is a very beautiful quilt. love your color choice.

Jane Sisk 07-17-2007 11:09 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I feel like such an amatuer when I see some of the quilts posted and see talk about taking classes. I just bought a packet of patterns at walmart, chose one and dove in head first.

Jane Sisk
Tucson, AZ