Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   fabric postcards for my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fabric-postcards-my-2-1-2-yr-old-granddaughter-t44405.html)

Leota 05-01-2010 07:07 AM

How do you make those? They are really cute!

mimee4 05-01-2010 09:10 AM

So precious for a dear granddaughter. She probably runs to the mailbox to get "her" mail. You are a special grandma.

Sue Fish 05-01-2010 10:00 AM

Thanks...I found lots of info on line...search...how to make fabric postcards and i found enough to get me started..
I build my postcard on a back ground fabric and have used canvas or heavy interfacing under that and when done I glue card stock on the back so I can write on it easily
I could mail them but they'd take regular postage and have to be hand canceled but I put them into an envelope so they do not get soiled and I add a lollipop or stickers etc

ladyinpurple135 05-01-2010 12:24 PM

Love your postcards!! I took a class through one my quilt guilds last month and made a couple - for me!
But your idea of sending them to your granddaughter is terrific. I only have great nieces at the moment (still waiting for my son to find a nice "someone"!) so I just might have to make a fe and send them one once in awhile as a big surprise - they live in PA and I live in NC. Hope you don't mind if I saved your pictures in my idea file.

Thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC

P.S. this is my very first post!

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Started making these to send to her since they just moved to NC and we are in Ct....will send one each wk or so...

JanetM 05-01-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135
Love your postcards!! I took a class through one my quilt guilds last month and made a couple - for me!
But your idea of sending them to your granddaughter is terrific. I only have great nieces at the moment (still waiting for my son to find a nice "someone"!) so I just might have to make a fe and send them one once in awhile as a big surprise - they live in PA and I live in NC. Hope you don't mind if I saved your pictures in my idea file.

Thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC

P.S. this is my very first post!

Started making these to send to her since they just moved to NC and we are in Ct....will send one each wk or so...

Welcome from So. CA. Everyone here is very friendly and very willing to share their knowledge. If you can, post pictures of things you are working on...we love to OOOH, and AAAW. And lastly, don't hesitate to ask questions as someone will surely have the answer. :D :D :D

Sue Fish 05-01-2010 01:27 PM

Oh Sandy my little grand...along with our son and dil lol moved to Raleigh...we are in Ct...Miss them a lot but this is a nice way for my grand to keep thinking of grammy....I am sure your little nieces would love them too...they are so much fun to make

cjaye44 05-01-2010 01:32 PM

I love each and every one of them!! What a special way to stay in touch!

KiwiQuilter 05-01-2010 02:13 PM

Those are so pretty.

You are making not only beautiful items, but beautiful memories too.

Sue Fish 05-01-2010 03:40 PM

Thanks so much and thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on my postcards...will have to make more now just so I can share more pics!! LOL

ladyinpurple135 05-01-2010 04:37 PM

Thanks so much and thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on my postcards...will have to make more now just so I can share more pics!! LOL

Sue -

Did you bind your postcards like we do with quilts? They look like you did - sure does look better than just leaving the edges uncovered. If you did bind them, was it hard to do on such a small item?

Thanks - and thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.
Sandy in Mooresville, NC (about 2-1/2 hours west of Raleigh)