Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fantasia's Tree of Life Panel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fantasias-tree-life-panel-t299367.html)

Snooze2978 09-06-2018 06:51 AM

Fantasia's Tree of Life Panel

3 Attachment(s)
Well, think I have the layout to make this panel into a queen sized quilt. I pretty sure I'll fracture it using a navy blue fabric between the vertical strips, then the same navy blue fabrics for all the sashing between the rows and then the final outer border. Not quite sure about which fabrics/color for the 2 blocks I'll use but I'm getting there. Then of course when it comes down to the quilting of the flimsy I'll "quilt it to death" on the outer border and larger sashing between the blocks. Here's the panel fractured that I found online and then my rendition of the layout. I couldn't get my EQ7 program to bring up the panel as I'd like but hopefully you'll get the idea. Let me know what you think of my layout and color scheme and if you think I should change anything. My 1st layout had another row of blocks but my quilting buddy thought it a bit too busy which I also agreed so took it out.

The quilt layout looks a bit pale but I'm using fabrics that are much brighter than shown. Also the center panel on the layout doesn't show the fracturing. I'll bring it wide enough up to the 1st sashing. Also I've decided to use the same navy blue fabric used between the fractured strips for the sashing and border. Was going to use the argyll fabric but now will use it for the backing as I think I have enough. My fabrics will match up with the colors in the panel to give you the idea what the real colors will look like.

Thanks for any suggestions and opinions.

MaryMo 09-06-2018 07:38 AM

What a beautiful quilt! and so creative in bringing out the colors! It looks like an ambitious design and yet fun to work on. I look forward to seeing your completed quilt.

pchp 09-06-2018 08:12 AM

Very nice!

Sallybear6 09-06-2018 10:13 AM

I love this! I have seen the panel before and was not sure what to do with it so I did not buy it. Now I wish I had.

jlt37869 09-06-2018 04:00 PM

Awesome panel.

Anniedeb 09-06-2018 05:34 PM

Alway nice to see someone else's ideas and renditions. I have the panel, and ordered additional fabric, just haven't done it yet. Your's looks awesome. I never considered fracturing, but I really like that effect too!

Snooze2978 09-06-2018 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just came up with yet another layout as I wasn't happy with the large simple area between the two sets of blocks. Do you like this one better than the 1st one? Also, changed the sashing/border fabrics to a navy blue instead of the argyll fabric I thought I would use. Will use the argyll fabric for the backing as originally planned.

Maggie_Sue 09-06-2018 07:39 PM

Yes 2nd layout gets my vote too!!!Beautiful!!!

BrendaK 09-06-2018 08:28 PM

Both are beautiful but......I prefer the second one. It sees calmer. I do love the border on the first one maybe just not on this quilt. Either border will look super. BrendaK

jcrilley 09-07-2018 03:21 AM

They are both beautiful buy I prefer the 2nd one. Not quite so busy