Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Feathers... My newest challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/feathers-my-newest-challenge-t244120.html)

Debbie B 04-01-2014 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the incentive Twinsister2! I had given up on quilting feathers & then saw your thread. I watched some you tube and drew on paper. Then tried on fabric. It's the best feather I've ever done. Not perfect and I got out of line with my bumps on several, but I'm happy with it. Just wanted to share it with you. :)

AlaskaAlice 04-02-2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie B (Post 6655317)
Thanks for the incentive Twinsister2! I had given up on quilting feathers & then saw your thread. I watched some you tube and drew on paper. Then tried on fabric. It's the best feather I've ever done. Not perfect and I got out of line with my bumps on several, but I'm happy with it. Just wanted to share it with you. :)

Your feathers are great! I think that when they are not each one a mirror image of another actually make it look better!
I watch some who practice until they look machine made ..well they are wonderful but miss the personality of those that have character:0)
Nicole Webb's videos where she talks to them and makes little remarks."dog bone". etc. "round feather ends that are round like pennies..I just watched a lady who makes drawings and practices quilting every where she goes..I think the "MacTavishing" style is based on not so perfect.. just do it and it gets nicer as you doodle with thread..love it!!
Twinsister2 Thanks for your post!! window practice is a great suggestion!

Debbie B 04-02-2014 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by AlaskaAlice (Post 6657108)
Your feathers are great! I think that when they are not each one a mirror image of another actually make it look better!
I watch some who practice until they look machine made ..well they are wonderful but miss the personality of those that have character:0)
Nicole Webb's videos where she talks to them and makes little remarks."dog bone". etc. "round feather ends that are round like pennies..I just watched a lady who makes drawings and practices quilting every where she goes..I think the "MacTavishing" style is based on not so perfect.. just do it and it gets nicer as you doodle with thread..love it!!
Twinsister2 Thanks for your post!! window practice is a great suggestion!

Is this Nichole Webb Rivera? I think I read where she has lost family members in that recent mud slide. So, sad! I enjoy her videos. She's very talented.

IBQUILTIN 04-02-2014 03:01 PM

I think you did a grand job on them. I am still in the practice, practice practice mode. Someday soon I hope

Kwiltr 04-02-2014 07:34 PM

Well done! Great quilting!

charhend 04-03-2014 11:11 AM

You did a beautiful job with the quilting.

javin22 04-03-2014 01:20 PM

You did fantastic!!

janetter 04-03-2014 03:30 PM

Sure hope I have that kind of luck. Just starting with a long arm and feathers are one of my favorites

debbiemarie 04-07-2014 03:58 PM

Looks like you have mastered the feathers for sure!!

Dee G 04-07-2014 04:14 PM

Great job! Looks like you've mastered the feathers!