Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Feeling like a Ghee's Bend quilter but not postage stamp quality! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/feeling-like-ghees-bend-quilter-but-not-postage-stamp-quality-t190656.html)

oksewglad 06-04-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by helenquilt (Post 5264284)
Love the quilt, Just working on the computer and looking at my spiders today debating where to clean house or quilt. OK quilting will probably win out

Oh but once in a while I have to shake them up and let them know I'm still here!! Another advantage to getting this sewing done as I'm doing a little cleaning, too.

oksewglad 06-04-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 5261835)
Most times I think these quilts are the best and most beautiful of all......Mainly because they are the epitome of a quilt....three layers stitched together, with love, care and utility in mind. No matter where it travels and what it's use it will always carry with it beauty and function.

What a lovely thing to say, thanks.

oksewglad 06-04-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5262772)
OKSGlad ... You are a true blessing to those who will receive your kindness! The one you have shown us has such a fresh and cheery look to it. I'm sure your others are just as lovely and will be so welcomed!

Thanks QE, I showed the best one! I've also gone through fabric and now have 6 plastic grocery bags full of fabrics, quilt tops, and flat sheets. Now to rearrange the spiders.

QuiltE 06-04-2012 09:46 AM

Oh OKSGlad ... don't rearrange those spiders too much ... After all DSs GF needs to experience the full ambience!!!! So the accumulated stash in the bags, will it stay with you or go along with the quilts?

TacoMama 06-04-2012 11:08 AM

I agree with you, EarthWalker!

She said: Most times I think these quilts are the best and most beautiful of all......Mainly because they are the epitome of a quilt....three layers stitched together, with love, care and utility in mind. No matter where it travels and what it's use it will always carry with it beauty and function.

Latrinka 06-04-2012 12:30 PM

Nice quilt! Looks comfy!

oksewglad 06-04-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5264872)
Oh OKSGlad ... don't rearrange those spiders too much ... After all DSs GF needs to experience the full ambience!!!! So the accumulated stash in the bags, will it stay with you or go along with the quilts?

GO! Sayonara, goodbye.

QuiltE 06-04-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5265163)
GO! Sayonara, goodbye.

They'll have their sewing stash replenished and ready for more quilts!

nstitches4u 06-05-2012 09:30 AM

Your quilts will bless someone who really needs it. Good work!

Eyelets 06-05-2012 10:05 AM

I think that is a lovely quilt. And it is in the spirit of real quilts - made from left overs, waste not! Lovely colors and I like the design too! It just works visually. So often the best art is the art that just happens.