Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A few of my finished projects. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/few-my-finished-projects-t55771.html)

Pati- in Phx 07-23-2010 06:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments.
Here are a few more, maybe with some more description, I will get the hang of this sometime. <G>

Have fun,
Pati

Small piece, about 10"x13" (?) original design
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72417[/ATTACH]

"Mola by Machine" original
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72418[/ATTACH]

Fusible bias stained glass runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72419[/ATTACH]

barnyardzoo 07-23-2010 07:42 AM

Love all your work, have just started and love making purses, love the one posted, where did you find the pattern?

Ditter43 07-23-2010 07:43 AM

Great work! I love the way you did the bag!! :thumbup: :D.I just saw the rest of them....they are all A+ :-D

Mary M 07-23-2010 07:47 AM

Wonderful. Sure like that bag. Mary

Yarn or Fabric 07-23-2010 08:22 AM

Fantastic all around - I really am drawn to your Hoffman challenge purse though - it is really sharp!

laceybritt 07-23-2010 09:04 AM

Beautiful!!! I made some 2 inch pinwheels from trimmings and I wondered what I could ever do with them. Yours look like stars behind the lovely tree.

cindyg 07-23-2010 10:16 AM

Now how clever are you???? to put those holly leaves on the edges of the Christmas tree. What a great idea. The blue and orange one - fantastic. Looks complicatged. And I love the purse. Thanks for showing us.

Pati- in Phx 07-23-2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by barnyardzoo
Love all your work, have just started and love making purses, love the one posted, where did you find the pattern?

I designed that purse. May eventually write it up as a for sale pattern. Maybe, Someday. <G>

Thanks,
Pati, in Phx

Pati- in Phx 07-23-2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by cindyg
Now how clever are you???? to put those holly leaves on the edges of the Christmas tree. What a great idea. The blue and orange one - fantastic. Looks complicatged. And I love the purse. Thanks for showing us.

The Christmas tree is a modification of a pattern that uses 8" squares to make a bed size quilt. Several of us in one of my quilt groups modified the project to be a wall hanging using 4" blocks. The holly was part of the original, but I like the way it "softens" the edges of the HSTs to make it more tree like. I think I have pictures of this one before I embellished it with all the tree trimmings. (I actually made 3 of these, one for my sister and her family, and one in blues/whites/silvers for my brother and his Jewish family. <G>)

The Blue and Orange one is a bit complicated. It starts with a center block, on point. Those little tiny 9-patch units finish at 1 1/2" square. <G> Each round of blocks simplifies as the quilt builds from the center out. It is a pretty large quilt. But fun to make.

Thanks again,
Pati, in Phx

rootyr 07-23-2010 11:44 AM

Lovely projects!