Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Final Act for Lake Barkley Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/final-act-lake-barkley-show-t282098.html)

Sneed 09-11-2016 08:15 AM

Final Act for Lake Barkley Show

7 Attachment(s)
For ten years the fine ladies of the Lyon County Homemaker's have presented the Lake Barkley Quilt Show. It has always been a beautiful and popular event for the Western Kentucky area on this weekend in September. For many reasons ranging from expenses to age of workers the show had its final act this weekend. How sad to see this come to an end. It is my hope and prayer that some of the younger quilters may decide to pick up the cause and reopen the show in the future. Quilting is such an amazing art that continues to grow and change with each year and new idea. This art needs to be shown and shared.
I took pictures of seven of the ten "Best of Show" winners while at the show which were all displayed. I apologize for the missing three...I know I took those pictures, but they are now gone into the mysterious world of cyber dust. Thank you ladies for all of your hard work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558030[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558031[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558032[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558033[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558034[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558035[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558036[/ATTACH]

Quilter 53 09-11-2016 08:24 AM

Wow!!! So sad the tradition is ending. With such outstanding quilts present, I know I would be intimidated to submit one of mine. Hopefully someone will step up. Thanks for posting.

zozee 09-11-2016 08:32 AM

Gorgeous! All of them. Sooooo much beauty and talent and hard work on display under one roof would make my jaw drop. Is your quilt among the photos you posted here?

QuiltnNan 09-11-2016 09:09 AM

thanks for the show

RedGarnet222 09-11-2016 09:27 AM

I am sad for the community that this is not going to be around anymore too. Although I do not live anywhere near there, a quilt show is a wonderful event and something quilter's look forward to each year. Our show has been split into every other year. I have really missed the show on the years it is missing. It is like a tradition with me, and this is like a big hole in my life.
Now there are other shows not too far from me that I could go to. (And sometimes I do) But, it is not the same.

Tartan 09-11-2016 09:28 AM

Lovely quilts! The same thing is happening in my area. Putting on and organizing a quilt show is a lot of work and there just are not enough younger quilters taking the place of older quilters.

SheriR 09-11-2016 10:20 AM

What pretty quilts. Thank you for sharing them!

quiltingcandy 09-11-2016 10:39 AM

Those are beautiful quilts. There was a wonderful show is Redlands CA. It was one that you walked through old homes with the quilts on display in all of the rooms, even the bathrooms. But after 5 years it was too hard to find people willing to accept the general public into their homes. The homes were as beautiful as the quilts, but I wouldn't want strangers walking thru my house even if it is for only one day a year.

lynnie 09-11-2016 10:57 AM

some very outstanding work on these quilts. So very beautiful.

ruthrings 09-11-2016 11:54 AM

My oh my oh my. Those are amazing!! How far are you from Paducah? That show is so well known. I'm surprised yours isn't, given the caliber of these quilts. I certainly hope someone picks up the responsibility to keep it going!