Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The finished Christmas table runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-christmas-table-runner-t47869.html)

Pat G 06-04-2010 05:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Pat, the quilt looks like a beauty. Did you ever post a picture of it on the board? I would love to see it up close.

Penny, here are a few pix of my quilt showing the paperpieced border. Then a cpl. of the medallions using the Stack & Whack method using 12 repeats.
I'm having trouble getting them to send so I'll try again.

Paper pieced border (my own idea)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79586[/ATTACH]

Medallions using 12 repeats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79587[/ATTACH]

Pat G 06-04-2010 05:27 PM

The round centers are stuffed with batting making them poofy.

pennyswings 06-04-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

Pat, the quilt looks like a beauty. Did you ever post a picture of it on the board? I would love to see it up close.

Penny, here are a few pix of my quilt showing the paperpieced border. Then a cpl. of the medallions using the Stack & Whack method using 12 repeats.

OMG Pat that is STUNNING!!!! :thumbup: i simply love it. The materials you chose are beautiful and I love the puffed centers. Really one outstanding quilt, no wonder you kept it for yourself :-)

Pat G 06-04-2010 06:34 PM

OMG Pat that is STUNNING!!!! :thumbup: i simply love it. The materials you chose are beautiful and I love the puffed centers. Really one outstanding quilt, no wonder you kept it for yourself :-)

Thanks, Penny. I loved the basic fabric, too. I always like to use the original fabric as a wide border to show what the medallions came from. People find it hard to believe the "flowers" all came from the same fabric.

tuesy 06-04-2010 06:42 PM

How adorable!! Love anything Santa!

littlehud 06-04-2010 07:02 PM

That is so cute. What a great table runner.

JEM65 06-04-2010 07:29 PM

This is just sooooooooo cute! I love, love love it! My Mom grew up in Watertown - now that's upstate NY. Oh the snow they would get. She turned 89 today.

Ps 150 06-04-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JEM65
This is just sooooooooo cute! I love, love love it! My Mom grew up in Watertown - now that's upstate NY. Oh the snow they would get. She turned 89 today.

My Great-Gram was from Watertown but she passed a few years back. A few of her kids still live up that way, closer to Dexter. The snow they get is almost nothing to the ice. Here in Pulaski we usually just get the snow but Watertown gets the worst of both worlds.

watson's mom 06-05-2010 08:41 AM

The round centers are stuffed with batting making them poofy.

Hi Pat...I am wondering what ruler you used to make the 12 Stack & Whack sections. I love your quilt, it is lovely and the medallions are gorgeous. Thanks, Carol

pennyswings 06-05-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by JEM65

JEM tell your Mom I wish her the happiest Birthday ever.
Big hug and Birthday kiss too.