Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   finished Dear Jane blocks................. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-dear-jane-blocks-t197945.html)

miss_ticky2 08-20-2012 01:01 PM

Wow, those are awesome...looks beautiful

QuiltE 08-20-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59 (Post 5454769)
Dear QuiltE

Thank you so much..........especially for the good laugh!! I was not ironing the blocks at 2 a.m. I ironed Mr Granny`s shirts!!! lol My household is a complete mess. But even at the radio they tell the people to stay away from physical work whenever possible at this heat!? :-) We had again 35 degrees today and it does not feel much cooler at 10p.m.

I bought a whole bolt of the white fabric and lots and lots of 1930`s fabrics, also on this board. At the time I started with the DJ I stopped buying new fabric and after a while DH was asking very concerned whether I had lost my credit card! :-)
And he definately was not in awe, neither of me nor the blocks................he simply doesnt have a clue!! I might have to show him all of your kind responses.

Granny

Now you have me sitting here breaking up in laughter!

Now you are giving me visions of the MrGranny going to work with an iron burn in the back of his shirt, with a suit jacket overtop. To help you, I could always send all these accolades to MrG via email and make his inbox overfloweth! I'm sure that will get his attention!!!! :)

Now ... what are the plans for all those leftovers? :) Knowing you, it'll be a mini-DJ :)
(email will follow and be ready for your morning coffee!:D)

granny_59 08-20-2012 01:17 PM

NO DJ Minis for sure, but I think 1930 call for traditional patterns and are great for Baby quilts.

No need to worry about it yet as I am not allowed to a new project: I have the big Dresden waiting for handquilting and the Kafee Fasset for machine quilting!?
Sure look forward to my morning coffee

QUILTNMO 08-20-2012 02:40 PM

beautiful work its gorgeous!!

QuiltE 08-20-2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59 (Post 5454889)
NO DJ Minis for sure, but I think 1930 call for traditional patterns and are great for Baby quilts.

No need to worry about it yet as I am not allowed to a new project: I have the big Dresden waiting for handquilting and the Kafee Fasset for machine quilting!?
Sure look forward to my morning coffee

:D More Babies???????? :D
Sleep well, my friend! :)

krabadan 08-20-2012 03:05 PM

Beautiful job. I love all the pastel colors. Nice work.

ilovetosew 08-20-2012 05:16 PM

Absolutely beautiful!

caspharm 08-20-2012 05:34 PM

I like your colors. The arrangement reminds of a barn-raising pattern.

sew_Tracy 08-20-2012 05:36 PM

Oh my goodness, this is no less than thunderstruck! I wish I had half your patience and an eighth of your talent!

rosiewell 08-20-2012 06:20 PM

just beautiful, both your choice and placement of colors and your designs! I have started the quilt myself, only 6 blocks so far but I like it!